A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Friday, March 21, 2008

Day 2 - March 21, 2008

Day 2

Pretty much a quiet day.

Had breakfast in the morning and I made sure to stay clear of the weird looking food. Also guess what? I was the only black person in the restaurant, possibly even within a 500 mile radius.

The people weren't really paying me much mind though.I however sat by myself because I felt too weird.
The Japanese waiters and waitresses were very polite though.
I evenually went back to my hotel room and slept a little then my mom and sis called me again and hooked me up with Renee.

I then went to a drink machine and purchased coffee as well as some weird Japanese grape fruit drink.I forgot to mention from Day 1 that my landing in Tokyo was just horrible; at one point I felt like the plane was tilting too much to the right when it was about to land. Needless to say my heart sank. I will not forget that landing...Felt as if I want a long break from planes.

6 comments:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave, you say u staying away from anything strange looking...well tell me you ate based on that picture above? Cause everything strange looking

Dwayne said...

lol...
Ditto Richard's statement
I WANT TO know what wasn't strange there... LOL

Keep the posts coming!!!

Dave said...

I ate bacon, bread, peanut butter and jam, sausage...I didnt take pictures of those because unnu know how dem look already.

madald said...

Try some new things Dave, immerse yourself in the culture.

Dave said...

Try some new wings

Derri said...

That pic was taken near closing time right? Cause mi hardly see any food in those serving bowls, like ppl not expected to eat a lot!