A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 56 - Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 56

After work today, I went to an English Language meeting thing with 2 JET ALTs and another ALT that work with my company along with this Japanese man that can speak English, Spanish and of course Japanese...He drove us about 40 minutes away to this cabin looking place where we met up with this other Japanese girl that speaks some amount of English, as well as the lady that owned the cabin...All we did really was chat, drink coffee and played scrabble...the bredrin want to also invite us to this ancient temple place in another prefecture....finally it look like Im going to get out of this prefecture... I was telling the Japanese girl about the Universities we have in Jamaica....I told her that U.W.I is in a couple Caribbean islands, so I mentioned that one is in Barbados, the girl then asked WHERE??? BARBECUE??? where is that???, Show me Barbecue....ahha bwoy...The man said its the first time he was hearing about Barbados as well...

The ALTs told me that they went to this mineral bath ting in this place name Tojo...They said I should go down there one day... I thought to my self that "hey I cant leave Japan without going to one of those hot spring tings" Suh I told them that hey I would really love to go....But then after that they told me You have to first take a bath then get butt naked with some other Japanese men in the same hot spring ting..... DEN MI SEH, "UNNU MUS MADDDD"...They of course started laughing at me and said they too were a little scared of doing it at first but then afterwards they got used to it....First ting, all a dem white then when me the loan black man step in the pool and hevery body start staring mi down....plus a pool a naked MAN???, YUH MADDD!!!! the only good thing is that Japanese men are homophobic, but not like we...Sorry dem would have to give me a place by my self...



So the Japanese high school girls wear these ridiculously short skirts to school. I heard its against the rules but the school authorities dont enforce them ( I wonder why)... So many times in the morning you driving to school and these high school girls walking pass in dem short skirt and all you have to say is aaah bwoy ....well not that I'm complaining, sorry I mean yes I am complaining ... Its just terrible and wrong...Why dont they enforce the rules??? lol...

Later people...

4 comments:

K. said...

Dave, sounds like ur having a grand time. i think u should try the hot springs thing ... i mean, uve made it all the way to Japan and endured quite a bit, so why not try the hot springs? i personally dont think u should pass up the experience.

anyhoo ... this short school-girl uniform thing, i think is just a part of who they are. i mean, it comes out in their anime, manga .. pretty much everything. and i mean, the Japanese are an interesting people ... i once heard that they have vending machines that sell women's underwear. so if thats encouraged in wider society, i guess the school kids are very exposed to certain things

Royalty said...

Yea Dave, got it...but just hold ur horse right! Do remember the mindly mission thingy yea...peace!!!

Try the hot spring thingy man...atleast u'd av that experience even but once...experience is good and whether good or bad, it should teach knowledge...use your opportunity to learn even but for the sake of self gratitude...and as far as its concerned...no one will be endangered! Take a shot at life and live wisely yea!

jamel said...

uhm, as for underwear: whatsoever is pure...
anyways, i just write to say i want my money bak. two days now i dont see blog. i pay good money fo--oh wait, it's free. but still. please dont keep us in suspense dave, what's next??

Alesta said...

BROTHER Collymore??!!! U better re-baptize those eyes of yours. LOL