A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day 67 - Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day 67

I spoke to my mom, my aunt and 3 of my cousins today. They called me early in the morning at about 7 am (5pm Saturday in Jamaica), just to check how I was doing. They were reminding me of some of my dub poems...Hey I havent performed one since April....Its the frist time since like 2004 that a full month has almost passed and I dont perform a dub poem...

Went to the Japanese church today (Niimi Christ Church) and more people turned out.. About 17 of us were there today, inclusive of some high school students from China who are now living in Japan...These students from China can speak 4 different languages. They speak Chinese (of course), Korean, English and Japanese.. in that order of fluency...They speak English better than Japanese but for some strange reason they feel they should talk to me in Japanese...Well thats partly because I am bluffing like I know Japanese :) The Japan government has a rigourous programme going on to attempt to get more people in their country, because the student population is declining very fast...They already shut down several elementary schools and some only have as little as 4 students...Yes a big elementary school building with only 4 students in the entire school. Japan is also trying to get people from other countries to come into their universities....It seem as if they are on a last resort thing because as I said previously, many of the Japanese in the country side, behave very strange towards foreigners...I am now having a flashback on the plane when I was heading here...I was asking this Japanese lady something and I remember seeing like the lady almost scorning me and based on her expression almost like saying "hey dont touch me"...But again I could be over thinking...
... After church we got a lot of food, this is very good for me :)...We ate curry and rice, Water Melon, potato chips, Spinach and all kind of mix up mix up...

After church I again locked up in my apartment and watched more Naruto, Final Fantasy - 7 Last Order and Iron Man then before you know it, its like 12 mid night...












3 comments:

Stewart Panton said...

How you making it so public seh you download movies sir lol.

You still feeling sick? You should go visit a Isha (doctor) and check out yourself, remember you're in a new country it coulda be something u dont have any immunity to thats native to japan, you never know

Royalty said...

Hope u r well soon!

madald said...

Dave you really need to get out of your apartment more and see Japan!