A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day 223 { Misbehaving Grade 6 Kids /Onsen in December} - Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 223 { Misbehaving Grade 6 Kids /Onsen in December }

I need to formulate a strategy to get the grade 6 guys at this school to participate in my class, but I don't know yet what to do. Luckily, this is the only class in all of my 5 schools that actually give me any problem at all. I decided to play a game with them where it would be inevitable for the boys and girls to be on a team together. The topic for this class today was "How do you feel?" and the response should be like "I am hot/cold", "I am fine", "I am sick" etc etc...When it was game time, the teacher made the girls on one team go first, followed by the boys...After a while, the boys just sat around the back chatting and doing their own thing, and the teacher didn't give one rats... I found out that a good majority of these guys are on a junior baseball team which is one of the top teams in all Japan. This might explain their misbehaviour. However, I was told in our company meeting that it aint our job to discipline them, so if they don't want to listen then thats their problem.

My friend Hiroshi who normally take us to the English conversation thing on Wednesdays came to visit me at my apartment today.. We are making plans to visit an onsen in the Tottori prefecture with a couple more Jamaicans. This would be for a weekend in December. I made sure to tell him that I am not a fan of the raw fish business, so they need to take that out of my menu when the time comes.

My Chinese friend who I met on the train keep sending me good morning, good night and how are you messages via the cell phone. These are the only words it seem she knows in English.

2 comments:

jamel said...

whats an onsen?? you dont like sushi?? you live in japan and dont like sushi??

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave....you add that last paragraph just for me to comment. You know what those texts me - stop behave naive.

TO DI WORL' DAVE...TO DI FLIPPING WORL'