A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Friday, November 21, 2008

Day 245 { Let the Snow Begin } - Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day 245 { Let the Snow Begin }



I must say that I woke up this morning being a very happy man :) But any way, while driving to work this morning, I noticed some white stuff falling from the sky and I was wondering what in the world was going on. I also noticed some vehicles passing with chunks of ice on them.... The further I drove, the more this white stuff got.....So yes it was snowing like crazy this morning and I of course had to take a bunch of photos and make a little video clip http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5ybObLXrTHM because this was my first time seeing snow like this...Everywhere was white... I started to worry a bit because I don't have snow tyres as yet :( .... I also saw some ice on the road occationally, and many people have been telling me that the ice business on the road is very very dangerous...

All the teachers today came to me in excitement because they knew that this is a first time experience for me. They also warned me that the school that I go to this Friday is EXTREMELY dangerous, so they suggested that I get snow tyres for Friday (Keep this in mind) ... I made sure to call my company and ask them what can they do to help a brotha out... Then they said that they can give me 15,000 yen towards paying for snow tyres... HOORAY ... They also told me to go to the comapny that I bought my car from in order for them to put on my snow tyres.

Went to my apartment and my internet not working so I watched the Dexter episodes that I downloaded then fell asleep. Only to be awaken by a phone call from my friend from the park. I didn't go to the English Conversaion today, as they cancelled it due to the crazy snow that has been falling today.


Vany, your last comment sounded a bit weird because you forgot to mention the part that you have a bunch of female friends who you know could possibly assist me :)

3 comments:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave - the money them giving u sound little bit though. Snow tyres are expensive.

Deneice said...

I'm almost sure that we can get snow tyres for about 8 gran where we live.

Anonymous said...

The video was priceless. I loved the blue umbrella ^_^

Kesha