A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day 273 { Wednesday English Conversations, Becoming a Pain } - Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 273 { Wednesday English Conversations, Becoming a Pain }

I have to drag myself to work these last few mornings before holiday. I am even sometimes sleepy while driving to work in the mornings...Ahh the holidays can't come any sooner now, trust me... Well at least I get holidays, but that means no pay for the days that I am going to get... But I will sacrifice the money for rest, relaxation and peace of mind...

I took some pictures with the grades 2, 4 and 6 and my main school today. The teachers at this school seem to have no problem at all with picture taking...However, one of my other schools is another story.

Anyway, yesterday, the lady that trim my hair, told me to buy some drinks for a get together that we are going to have today... So I got some at the supermarket. I went to the English conversation thing with the drinks and then we started to do a thing called NABE... where we just toss some vegetables, meat and all manner of food in a pot of boiling water. I didn't really like most of the stuff there except for the chicken which was very delicious. Now this is the part that I don't like... At the end of the thing, we were asked to contribute 1000 yen... Now for some strange reason, these things anger me... I am accustomed to knowing that I should pay for something, long before I actually pay for it....Not to be surprised at the end of something that seem free, then told that we have to pay......It just principle, if we should pay, let us know before we participate... In this way, I can know if I should attend these gatherings or not, especially if I am trying to SAVE MONEY..... The other Alts who used to come to this thing, all stopped coming, except for me and this other girl. Apparently we are the only ones who need a knock in our heads... We are ALTs and we SHOULD be paid for these services to teach English and stuff, but we are volunteering to do this and more often than not, we have to pay for these occational parties.... They should treat us I think.... I am probably going to be skipping out for a while from these Wednesday English thing....And I am going to be ever so curious now when people invite me out and don't tell me that there is a fee attached... If I know from before then fine....Hey, plus I am wayy too tired everyday to be sacrificing time, money and rest for this... I was so tired after this thing, that even while I was being driven back to my car, I was sleeping.

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Bwoy Dave - all you have to do is everytime somebody ask u out...ask how the money part go!!