A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 310 { Eating with the Parents / No Fatty Foods } - Friday, January 23, 2009



Day 310 { Eating with the Parents / No Fatty Foods}

Went to my closest and possibly my most dangerous school (when it snows) today, to be viewed by some parents as well as to have lunch with them. Surprisingly, the parents of the kids at this school, weren`t staring me into the future and a couple of them actually tried to talk to me. While I was teaching the grade 1 class, a couple of the parents came to view me and they seemed thoroughly interested.


Before the class, a nutritionist lady gave a presentation about food and what to eat and what not to eat... I now see why many Japanese people grow up with the idea that if you eat chocolate and potato chips, you should be fat...Well, clearly if you eat them in abundance but not once in a while. The nutritionist tailored the presentation in such a way as to make it look like the biggest sin if you eat potato chips and chocolate. I also heard that if a teacher should take any of these fatty foods to work, they will be stared at with disgust.

No comments: