A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 332 { Dropping Bombs } - Saturday, February 14, 2009


Day 332 { Dropping Bombs } - Saturday, February 14, 2009

Today was one of the Alts that work with my company, birthday. So we had a little celebration for him at one of the J.E.T Alts apartment. We ate a lot of pasta and some other stuff. The birthday guy said he had over 200 x-box / x-box 360 games...I could not believe him....and here I thought I was the only game head around town...Although I am not sure how many men my age is currently playing pokemon diamond on Nintendo DS. I know of a Japanese lady who is older than I am that is playing it though. So I dont feel all that bad.

At the party thing, the Serb/Zimbabwaian guy said if I feel down about my cousin, I can talk to him, because he has been through much worst . The he proceeded to tell me that every single person who is from Serbia, MUST join the Serbian army after age 18. Even if they don't stay in, they MUST join....Well thats if they still live in the country... So because he is a Serbian citizen but live in Zimbabwe, he is some what exempted from this...However, if he should decide to go live back in Serbia, he HAS to join the army, no ifs or buts.... He went on to tell me that one of his cousin's died in the Serbian-NATO war in 1999... Where the then president of Serbia (former Yugoslavia) Slobodan Milosevic, wanted to control Kosovo and get rid of the Albanians and others through ethnic cleansing. The Serbian/Zimbabwian guy said his cousin who was 22 at the time, was in an anti aircraft tank when about 5 bombs dropped on the tank, killing every single occupant thereof..... I was like "DAMN!!!" He said at the funeral, an empty casket had to go down because there was nothing left of any of the persons that died... Not even bones. He said a couple more of his relatives/close friends etc got shot and killed amongst other things...

No comments: