A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 333 { Baby Dragging my Sweater } - Sunday, February 15, 2009


Day 333 { Baby Dragging my Sweater }


Today I went to the super market because I was running low on food supplies. While I was in the supermarket, I saw this lady who I know that work in a local bar. She glanced at me once then turned her head sharply....Why do they do this thing??? I would not be able to tell you... So while I was shopping, a couple a kids were staring me into oblivion and slowly following me like a zombie slowly walking after someone. I stopped at the bread section and through the corner of my eye, I saw a couple of Japanese adults staring me down as well. And before I could lift up my head properly and go about my business, they all turned around instantly....

So while I was in the line to cash my gorceries, I felt a tug on my sweater. When I turned around it was this kid, looking at me in amazement... The mother of the kid then said Sumimasen (I am sorry)... I smiled with the kid, but she just kept looking at me with her mouth wide open. Her little mind cannot yet understand why I look so different.
After I cashed the stuff, I saw the lady that worked at the local bar again, so I told her hi, then she looked at me smiled, said hi, then turned around and disappeared quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dave, yu good. i would have gotten very upset by now and probly shout at them to stop staring at me like that...

-Latoya