A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day 348 { Back to Jamaica 6 / Previous Workplace Visit } Monday, March 2, 2009


Day 348 { Back to Jamaica 6 / Previous Workplace Visit }

Today I visited the place where I worked before coming to Japan, which is the Garmex HEART Academy. It is a part of a broader statutory organization in Jamaica known as the H.E.A.R.T Trust National Training Agency. There are twenty six (26) campuses in Jamaica. HEART is an acronym for Human Employment And Resource Training. I was greeted warmly by everyone who I saw. But most persons were very very busy, as is the norm at any of these 26 academies. The English teacher there, however had other plans....she booked me to do 2 presentations about my experience in Japan thus far... and she only informed me about this last night. So I got there and did the presentations and showed them the videos with the Japanese people doing our latest Jamaican dances... They were really excited about these videos that I also placed on facebook. This one was the most popular one amongst them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruEoMB-m0I8

Also at time stamp 2:35 onwards in this video, this Japanese guy is attempting to explain the Gaza (that I blogged about yesterday) and gully side issue going on between Vybez Kartel and Mavado in Jamaica. He is explaining it in wonderful Japanese....he however knows the words Portmore, gaza and gully side. Here it is below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc8SoorF_nU&feature=related

I also gave them the meanings for a few Japanese words as well as attempted to answer a barrage of questions that they were asking me. After the presentations, the English teacher told me that 2 girls walk out of my presentation because they were Jehoviah witnesses and they were offended by the videos I showed with the Japanese people mimicking the Jamaican dances.

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Offended by what?!? They couldn't have walked out because of those videos AND if they did - they need councelling.