A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 377 { Final Day Of Contract / Pay Day Finally/sister City } Tuesday, March 31, 2009


Day 377 { Final Day Of Contract / Pay Day Finally/Sister City }

Yes so today is the final day of my contract and I am yet to hear anything from my company about a new contract, my schools or anything else related to my job... So after today, I will be technically unemployed. Not only me, but also all the other persons that work for my company in the Niimi area. Today I finally got paid hooorayyyyy!!!! For a while I was living on tough crackers, jam and peanut butter... Luckily school was not in session, or else I would have to be paying for the "SOMETIMES" hard to eat food that are offered to us.... It is in no way to insult my Japanese friends but sometimes the food is hard to eat.... We are from a different culture and many Japanese people still can't understand that....

I went to pay my bills today, inclusive of my dreaded cell phone bill....Ohh boy.... apparently, all the calls that I made and got while in Jamaica and New York were totalled... So my bill came up to a whopping ¥40,000 (US $400). But I guess a small sacrifice to go back to Jamaica. I went to the Tuesday evening English conversation classes later on and met one of the Jet ALTs parents... They are from Kansas city, Missouri.... Her father is a third generation Japanese and he can't speak Japanese at all... While her mother is a third generation Polish......My friend looks neither like her mom nor her dad ... to me that is.....

So there is this sister city thing that they do in Japan. Where cities in Japan and other cities of like nature in other parts of the world, share cultures, traditions etc etc... This nearby city name Kurashiki, is a sister city with Kansas city, Missouri... and the JET girl's dad is the president of the Kansas city section... With this sister city thing...many Japanese kids, students, old people and young people... can make visits to Kansas city and be taken care of.... Likewise people from Kansas city can do same if they would like to go to Kurashiki......

After the English conversation, we went to have dinner at a restaurant...then her parents went back to Kurashiki...

No comments: