A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 384 { Presentation On Easter / World Baseball Classic} Tuesday, April 7, 2009


Day 384 { Presentation On Easter / World Baseball Classic}

I went to my main school today...And they changed the days from Monday and Wednesday and now its Monday and Tuesday. I was asked to do a presentation about Easter by the Japanese guy who conducts the English conversation classes on Tuesdays... So I did a presentation on the different Easter traditions in different countries including Jamaica's Easter bun... In Czech Republic they have a tradition to beat women with a whip... not beat them to cause pain though...It went pretty well in my estimate and they asked many questions afterwards..I also spoke about Christianity and Jesus, and how and why we celebrate Easter...

Later I went to another ALT link up to meet the New ALTs... There are 4 new ones... 2 from England and 2 from the USA... We chatted and introduced ourselves and what not...But again I could not deal with the smoking, so I left early...

I forgot to mention sometime ago that Japan won this World Baseball Classic thing about 3 weeks ago... So they were celebrating like crazy... I remember one day when I was in the city, I saw a good bunch of people glued to the TV when Japan was playing South Korea.... I think this is the second time Japan is winning this event...and I am still surprised that the won America, with all those Major league players...

No comments: