A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 389 { Animals I hate / Civil Unrest in Thailand } Sunday, April 12, 2009




Day 389 { Animals I hate /Civil Unrest in Thailand }






Went to church today and took communion. I haven't done this in about 5-6 months if not more. I saw the new ALT girl there who is a catholic, and they asked me to introduce her in Japanese!!! .. I stuttered a bit ....and all I said was her name, she is from Austin, Texas in the USA and that she is an English teacher at 3 elementary schools in Niimi. After church, I was telling them some stuff about Jamaican fruits. They were shocked when I told them that my next door neighbour has a mango tree... Thats because you don't see mangoes very often in Japan. I was also telling them that I am absolutely terrified of scorpions and centipedes... And just seeing a picture of a centipede (not scorpions though) makes my skin crawl in disgust and fear. I remember about 10 years ago when I was at one of my aunt's house... and I was sitting down and looking around... My eye then caught a black scorpion....Instantly I was gripped by fear... I slowly went for a slipper, then threw it at the scorpion and ran as if there will be no tomorrow...


Anyway, I was watching the news tonight and saw where the Asian summut was planning to have a meeting in Bangkok, Thailand.....They wanted to discuss the North Korea Missile business as well as some other stuff....But, some anti-governement protestors had already warned the governement that they WILL disrupt the meeting.... The government went ahead and still had the meeting....OOh boy.... The Thai people were destroying a benz that had the prime minister inside it...and they didn't give too hoots .... They had to air lift the Japanese prime minister out of a hotel building or else only God knows what would become of him.... The other leaders had to take away themselves or had to be rushed in some emergency evacuation vehicle... Here is the story http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090411/ap_on_re_as/as_asia_summit





1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave...you never see me send the picture in Gmail of when Steven was in Japan and saw the mango being sold in the Supermarket for almost US$100 - lol - is mango season here. Can u imagine if we export mango how much money we would make?