A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day 394 { Plans For Kobe / Guys Night Out } Friday, April 17, 2009


Day 394 { Plans For Kobe,Hyogo / Guys Night Out }

After work today, I started to make plans to go to a friend's birthday party in a prefecture that is next to the one I am in... The name of the capital city is more popular than the name of the prefecture... The name of the Prefecture is Hyogo... and the name of the capital is Kobe.... And yes, the famous Basket ball player Kobe Bryant got his name from this city...

I got a face book invitation from 2 friends who I have never met but we knew each other... For weeks I was wondering whether I should go or not. But then one of them called me and said I should try... So I told her I would really try to make it.... Her husband then placed the directions on face book... But that still could not help me unless I knew how to get to Kobe itself.... So I started my research.... At the same time... The guys around my area wanted to have a "Guys night out".... This night out thing should have started at 7pm but I was still busy trying to get information about the cheapest and most convenient way to get to Kobe... So I ended up even rushing to the English conversation class to get more information from the Japanese people who were there... And they helped me out wonderfully......

I then rushed to meet the 4 other guys at a local karaoke bar place at about 9:30 pm..We ended up going to 2 bars and then a place to play pool / Billards.... I then got in at about 3 am in the morning....When I got in, I was like...aah I dont think I can make it to Kobe because I would have to wake up at about 6:30 am to catch a 7:23 am train.... And I did't even start packing stuff up... But I was adamant that I am going to go to Kobe to this little party..... So I started packing and ended up going to bed at 4 am.....


Yow Richard...Mi read every single one of the blog entries on from xenlogic.wordpress.com/ and they are truly brilliant.... I make several comments on them...

1 comment:

blackpassenger said...

kobe, Im so homesick. San francisco just doesnt cut it. I live in Nishinomiya (a suburb of Kobe) but have been in the US for 9 months to publish my book, get my wife her greencard and research grad and law school for both of us. when you go to kobe, you shouldl go to the jamaican restaurant (jamaicana) in sannomiya. hail up di owna winstan fi mi. tell im stefhen seh fi hail im up.