A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 406 { Strange Soda Bottle / Day Of Showa } Wednesday, April 29, 2009


Day 406 { Strange Soda Bottle / Day Of Showa Holiday }

I got this soda in a strange looking bottle the other day... The bottle has a little ball inside it that prevents you from drinking off all of it at once...I have never seen anything like it, and I heard it is around in Japan for like 50 years now... I guess the manufacturers want us to savour the taste for a while.

Today was a holiday (The Day of Showa / Showa no Hi), so there was no work for me, but I am sure I saw some high school kids in uniform riding from school... I just simply cannot wrap my head around the school system in Japan... Why are the kids going to school on a public holiday?? This day is the last emperor's birthday... And they celebrate his birthday because he was the emperor before, during and after world war II...

Anyway, I followed my friend to wash her car today and then we had lunch at a restaurant with another friend.

No comments: