A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 413 {Back From Kobe / Teachers Day Presentation On Youtube For my Old Work Place } Wednesday, May 6, 2009


Day 413 { Back From Kobe / Teachers Day Presentation On youtube For my Old Work Place }

I really must thank my friends Memry and Ovando for accommodating me for the night... Because I am not sure where else I would be able to stay at such a short notice...They even gave me a nice breakfast in the morning...Boyy friends like these you don't find easily at all.... We also played scrabble... This game I haven't played in years. I remember some years ago while playing with an Ex-Girlfriend of mine who is now married...In that game, she wanted me to open up the board, because plays were difficult to find... When I refused to open the board, she got angry and turned over the game with all the scrabble tiles.... Boy oh boy...that girl had a nasty temper...she was lucky that I am more or less the calm type...

Anyway, I had a 6pm bus ticket to go from Osaka to Niimi......But I wanted to catch the 3:50 pm bus instead... So I left from My friends' apartment to go to one of the main areas of Kobe known as Sannomia...then I took a fast train from Sannomia to Osaka.... However, I got to Osaka at about 3:45pm...and the area of Osaka where the train stopped, was somewhere that I was not accustomed to. So I had to be searching frantically for somewhere that looked familiar... It took me about 20 mins to find my way.... The area was packed with people.... So of course I missed the 3:50 pm bus.... In the mean time, I went to an electronic store, called Yodobashi camera... I bought some printing papers because I plan to make my business card and try to start up some sort of evening English class.... I am however quite aware of the challenges of a black guy in the middle of nowhere, in Hyper xenophobic Japan, starting up an English class.....but its worth a try I think...

I finally completed the teacher's day project that I decided to take on for the Garmex Heart Academy (My old Job)... and I created a small video presentation..... some of the stuff in the videos, are old stuff that some readers of my blog may have seen before, but the persons at my old workplace would be seeing it for the first time.... Here they are on youtube:

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RghBpmbIrfI

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oVz2aSiMeQ&feature=related

No comments: