A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 452 { Hacking A PSP/Review Of Kick Master } Sunday, June 14, 2009


Day 452 { Hacking A PSP/Review Of Kick Master }

Today I stayed home to wash clothes and clean my apartment. I also tried hacking my PSP to no avail :( ... In the night I ate at a restaurant with a friend, but afterwards my stomach was a little upset...

Anyway, so with the PSP (Playstation Portable), I figured out how to play movies on it. But to play downloadable games..... I still haven't quite figured it out yet.... The thing is that, PSP has an operating system known as the firmware.... it started off with firmware version 1.5 and now they are at about 5.51.... Version 1.5 is/was the BOSS version that can be used to do some really cool stuff, like turning your PSP in a remote and also streaming your TV shows to your PSP, amongst other stuff....

I had the 1.5 version but I like many other persons unaware of the power of the PSP, made the mistake and updated the firmware...hmmmm and now its a problem to downgrade it back...I am at version 3.10 which is like one of the most difficult versions to downgrade from.... And If I make a mistake with this downgrading thing... I can potentially destroy the PSP to a point of no return....

So any way, as you see, this is one of the days that nothing interesting really happened so its time for another Old Game Review... And today its a game on the nintendo known as Kick Master.

This was a game released in 1992 on the nintendo. I think I played this around 1994 there about. Because at that time I was borrowing people nintendo to play, I did not get to end it... So I played it again when I got the Nintendo emulator about 7 or 8 years ago.....and it was still good :)
I would give it maybe a 9/10 without going into too much details...

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave - lol - ur n00bness is quick funny.
Firmware is not a type of OS or name of an OS. Firmware is simply the program contained on the memory chips of many devices that is used to control the hardware on the device.
You CD Drive has a firmware. Your Phone has a firmware, your psp has a firmware. If you brake down the name FIRM and WARE...it's like SOFT-WARE.