A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 455 { Sad Day at Work/Vulnerable Schools/Assassination Plan/Cute Ambassador/New Shinkansen } Wednesday, June 17, 2009


Day 455 { Sad Day At Work/Vulnerable Schools/Assassination Plan/Cute Ambassador/New Shinkansen }



Sad Da
y At Work
I heard today that the former vice principal at this school, died yesterday. I had to work with her for maybe 7 months before she took leave....
I remembered some time ago in last year, I noticed that she wasn't coming to work any more. So I queried it at my main school, to which they started fidgeting then told me to ask the persons at the school where she worked.....So I remembered asking the English coordinator at that time for that school, and she too started looking uncomfortable...So then and there I knew something was up but they didn't want to tell me.... She eventually said that it was personal and said that the Vice Principal at the time, cried profusely when she was about to resign her duties...

Now today when I learnt of her death, I finally heard that she had the dreaded cancer...
I almost shed some tears, but I somehow always resist this temptation when I am in the public's eye... The other teachers were quite sad... and the Principal was crying really hard in her quarters..... I just really feel sorry for her husband, and kids... Her husband is the principal of the biggest elementary school in my town.....

I could only remember what one of my friend's said to me while I was in Jamaica mourning my cousin's death... And she said "Death is so Final".....
Yup, there is nothing you can do when someone is gone.... So just try to love everyone and tell them that you do... Tell people how much you appreciate them... We are all going to go one day.
For me, I am a Christian, and even though I am far from being the best role model of one, I still hold on to what I believe in. And I do believe there is life after death....


Vulnerable Schools

More than 7,300 school buildings are at high risk of collapse in the event of a powerful earthquake, the education ministry said Tuesday. A survey on Japan's 124,976 public schools also found that the quake resistance of 41,206 buildings is insufficient. The ministry said 7,309 could crumble if hit by a quake measuring upper 6 on the Japanese seismic scale of 7. http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20090617a2.html

I sincerely hope and trust that I will never experience an earthquake in Japan.






Assassination Plan

An aide to Kim Jong Un, the third and youngest son of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, planned to assassinate Kim Jong Nam, the eldest son of Kim Jong Il, KBS television reported Monday.The plan was foiled by Chinese authorities, KBS said, citing a Chinese government source. http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20090617a5.html


Cute Ambassador

Japan has started to use their cute looking girls to be ambassadors.
Three female "ambassadors of cute" appointed by the Foreign Ministry have started traveling abroad to introduce Japanese pop culture to young people overseas.
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20090617f1.html




New Shinkansen

Currently, the fastest trains in Japan can run up to 300 kph. But now, they are creating a new style of train that can even go faster....

East Japan Railway Co. started testing a bullet train capable of reaching 320 kph, the fastest ever.The new train will be able to link Tokyo and Shin-Aomori stations in three hours and five minutes starting at the end of fiscal 2012. The run currently takes three hours and 59 minutes from Aomori to Tokyo stations via conventional and bullet trains. The new E5-type train features an elongated nose to reduce air resistance. http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nb20090617a5.html

No comments: