A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 465 { Transformer - Revenge of The Fallen / Sony Banking Off Michael'S Death / New I phone 3GS } Saturday, June 27, 2009



Day 465 { Transformer - Revenge of The Fallen / Sony Banking Off Michael's Death / New I phone 3GS }



Transformer - Revenge of The Fallen

Went to Kurashiki today to watch Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen. I really really enjoyed part one and the movie trailers for part 2 were tooo yummy for me not to want to see the actual movie. If you haven't seen the trailer yet then here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhtGnCa8x2k&feature=related. Unfortunately though, I bought my ticket late, because my friend was chatting with some of her other friends, and we ended up getting seats in the row near the front. We could barely see the movie properly. Never again, will I make this mistake. If its at the front, then I will wait until another time.

But based on what I managed to catch, the movie was a bit disappointing. The story wasn't too bad but some parts of it I really really hated. Actually, its only the last 30-45 mins of the film I really liked. Some parts of it were just over done and other parts were just too boring. So if I gave part 1 a 8.7/10, I would give part 2 maybe a 6/10. Again maybe its because I was too close to the front of the theatre. So, so far, Star Trek still has the lead for the best summer flick.
GI Joe seems exciting and so does the new X-men. But lets see.


Sony Banking Off Michael's Death


Sony Corp., owner of rights to Michael Jackson's music, may boost revenue via a rebound in sales of the late pop icon's CDs and DVDs, analysts said.

Jackson, 50, died Thursday in Los Angeles. An autopsy is slated Friday, the Los Angeles County coroner's office said. Tokyo-based Sony had planned before his death to start selling five of the star's CD packages, including "Thriller" and "Bad," from July 8 in Japan.

Sony owns the rights for Jackson's "Off the Wall," "Thriller," "Bad," "Dangerous" and "HIStory" albums, the company said. The singer sold an estimated 750 million records worldwide and was recognized by Guinness World Records as the Most Successful Entertainer of All Time, Sony said.http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nb20090627n2.html



New I phone 3GS

About 200 people lined up Friday morning in Tokyo's Omotesando district for the chance to buy Apple Inc.'s new iPhone 3GS, the latest model in the iPhone series and Softbank Corp.'s mobile phone lineup. http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nb20090627a4.html

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave...you haven't watched Wolverine yet???? I see u talking about Xmen and Gi Joe look interesting.

Don't worry yourself - X-Men Origins isn't better than Star Trek. And GI Joe won't be either.