A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 552 { Very Lucky } Tuesday, September 22, 2009


Day 552 { Very Lucky }


I wrote down the train schedule that I was supposed to follow today in order to catch the 10:50 am bus to get back to my city.... ooh boy... I woke up early and everything.... But one problem... I started to play evony in the morning before leaving...Bad idea.... My friend looked at the time and said hey, you can't make this train so try to catch another...

I said to myself and to her that, "hey, Im going to catch this train no matter what".... So I rushed out of her apartment, gave her a hug, and thanked her for her hospitality.... I ran with my small suitcase and my laptop towards the train station... But because of my recent unfit state, I am getting tired very easily...... Eventually as I got to the station, I actually saw the train leaving... So I missed it by about 45 seconds....Darn!!!.... I started to worry a bit because if I miss my 10:50 bus in Umeda-Osaka, there would be no guarantee that I could get on another bus today, or even tomorrow, and it could mean that I wasted some money plus I would have to find another route to get home....

My friend, knowing that I would miss this train, called me while on the computer and said the next train that I can take will arrive in the next 5 minutes ... I got on it, BUT!!! I misunderstood what she said about something.... I thought she said that I should stay on the train until it got to the last stop but what she really meant was that I should come off at the very first stop.... hmmm time was going.... She was on the phone with me trying to figure out the best route for me BUT!!! my phone battery was dying....Darn what a day!!! All because of a stupid online game.....well its not that stupid :)

I got up in the train while talking on the cell phone (which is impolite in Japan) but I didn't give a damn this time... I was looking on the information in the train to see if I could get off at a stop and catch a fast train that was going towards my bus.... Luckily, the train stopped at a main station and very kind English - speaking Japanese guy, saw me being flustered and stopped me.... and asked where am I heading for... I told him Umeda-Osaka.... He showed me the train and said to get on it quickly because it will be leaving in the next 2 minutes...... I then ran on the train which was supposed to get to Umeda-Osaka at 10:40 am ..... 10 minutes before my bus leaves.... I eventually got there and as soon as the train stopped, I started to run like crazy, trying to get out of the station... It was pure instinct leading me through this very big and busy station, because I had no time to stop and ask any questions.... I ran and ran like crazy while looking at my watch...... When I got to the bus station... My bus actually drove off ... But again, some sort of luck or something was on my side today,.... The bus got stuck in a little traffic and I ran towards it and knocked on the door.... 2 men ran behind me and was apparently checking if I was crazy.... I showed them my ticket and they quickly grab my small suitcase and placed it under the bus.... And I got on the bus in the nick of time I tell you.... I have never experienced this before...well except when I almost missed my flight which was no fault of mine but the stupid travel agents......

Yeah so Thank the Lord I got on the bus and I when I got off in Niimi. Then out of the blue was my bible study presenter right there, as if she was waiting on me..... she took me to my car and then I drove home.......

Sheeesh what a day...

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Lucky indeed - or was it really luck? Luck wud be if u did all of that without running and worrying.