A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 555 { More Car Fixing / Wii Drops Prices / Segway } Friday, September 25, 2009


Day 555 { More Car Fixing / Wii Drops Prices / Segway }

After work today, I went to the car shop nearby my apartment, because my coolant reservoir was loose. Plus my brake felt a bit weird so I had them check it out...

I realize that the standard chairs in Japan are not built to make people feel comfortable. So I think I am going to get a nice, comfortable char for my birthday.... A couple of my friends have been complaining about back trouble since they got here... And even a couple of my Japanese friends too... A whole lot of old people in my community has some serious back issues, and I do not want this same thing happening to me at all.




Nintendo Wii has dropped its prices....

Nintendo Co. has cut the price of the top-selling Wii for the first time since the game console's debut in 2006 to maintain its lead after Microsoft Corp. and Sony Corp. reduced the cost of their systems.

The motion-sensing Wii's price will fall by $50 to $200 in the U.S. starting Sunday, Nintendo said. Prices will be cut in Japan on Oct. 1 and in Europe the following day, Ken Toyoda, a Nintendo spokesman, said Thursday. http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nb20090925n1.html



Honda Motor Co. unveiled on Thursday a new compact self-balancing vehicle that looks like a futuristic unicycle.

News photo
Not so easy rider: Honda Motor Co. President Takanobu Ito tests the U3-X electric unicycle at a news conference in Tokyo on Thursday. YOSHIAKI MIURA PHOTO

Unlike other self-balancing devices like the two-wheeled Segway or Toyota Motor Corp.'s Winglet, Honda's U3-X is a one-wheeler. It can move back and forth and even side to side, thanks to a ring of small perpendicular wheels lining the outer edge of the main wheel, Honda said.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nb20090925a1.html

No comments: