A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 572 { Subtly Robbed } Monday, October 12, 2009


Day 572 { Subtly Robbed }

Yes so there was this couch bed in my apartment that I wanted to get rid of because it was really old. There is a way to get rid of it which requires paying a fee through the local city office... However, this way was a little problematic and involved going to the city office, getting a sticker and what not... Today is an holiday in Japan ... Sports day, and there was this truck passing by that would get rid of old stuff.... I ended up paying this guy US$100 just to get rid of this thing as well as an old suitcase.... When I investigated the cost to get rid of it through the city office... It was only US$25 ... I could have beat myself up.... Every time I think about it, I get upset with myself....



Japan is still trying to host the Olympics again, after their loss for the 2016 bid...

A-bombed cities' bid for 2020 games greeted with reluctance by Japan Olympic Committee

HIROSHIMA (Kyodo) Hiroshima and Nagasaki have decided to set up a joint committee that will try to bring the 2020 Summer Olympics to the atomic-bombed cities, their mayors said Sunday.

The announcement by Tadatoshi Akiba of Hiroshima and Tomihisa Taue of Nagasaki came after Akiba expressed hope at an international peace meeting in Mexico City last month to eliminate all nuclear weapons by 2020 and to stage the Olympics in Hiroshima and Nagasaki that year to celebrate a nuclear-free world.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20091012a1.html



Richard yuh would have to email mi yuh Chassis number to mek mi find out... I can also get used parts as well... The yards are not near me but I know some one, well actually 2 people who have the yards... and can get parts galore.... However, US$80 sound very reasonable to me still... I will check with the guy though to get the price range...


Stewart Yuh mad bout eat donkey, before dat mi guh bun dung di place...

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave...you deserve to lose that money. How can you think US$100 is value for money for garbage disposal of something that probably cost US$100 - lol....2 lick inna yuh head u want.