A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Friday, November 13, 2009

Days 601- 605 <{ }> Tuesday-Saturday, November 10-14, 2009

Day 601 { Bad Food Day} - Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The only thing of note that happened on this day was that the school served a combination of food that I don't like.

1) Egg - But they were smart enough not to give me this

2) Chidimen Jako - Small fishes (as in the pic) that they sprinkle all over some food. Normally rice or vegetable... To me, these things are just HORRIBLE.

3) Tofu - They some how forgot to take out this

4) Dried sea weed

I also hurt my finger playing football with some kids today. It started bleeding a bit and it was quite painful.


Day 602 { I Was On NHK News } - Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Had observation for my grade 2 and grade 4 classes today at my main school. For the grade 2 class I taught about body parts (neck, shoulder etc). And for the grade 4 class I taught about subjects ( maths, Social studies etc). Many people came to observe me from all over the prefecture, even as far as Okayama city (1 hr and 30 mins away). And guess what??? NHK (the same TV station that my company didn't want to video my show) came to video my grade 2 class ???? WHAT!!!! How did they get the permission????

I was quite shocked and surprised when they told me just before the observation started, that NHK would video me. So I saw myself on the 6:00 pm News teaching the grade 2 kids at my main school... I am still quite confused about this as :

1) No body told me (until about 10 mins before the class) that I was going to be video taped.

2) My company mentioned nothing to me

3) I still don't know why my company objected to NHK video taping my show but it was ok to video my class observation today.

But honestly I don't know if my company actually knows about my class being video taped... I really don't know whats going on.

Later, I went along with a couple of other teachers to observe a J.E.T ALT and a Japanese teacher of English, teaching at a Jr. High school. The Japanese teacher of English taught the second year students, while the ALT taught the first years... At Jr. High the kids are wayyy more quiet. Actually they hardly speak any at all.

Day 603 - Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yow happy birthday Richard and Happy Birthday Omara
Richard mi naah guh figet nutten because mi jot down everything inna one diary

Day 604 { Yellow Belt / Obama In Japan} - Friday, November 13, 2009

Got a certificate for karate today. But, I wasn't good enough to get the orange belt :( However, I am up 1 level to yellow belt now.

Obama visiting Japan

Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama and U.S. President Barack Obama vowed Friday to bolster the bilateral alliance and cooperate on pressing global issues, including climate change and nuclear disarmament.


The two also touched on the sensitive relocation of U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Futenma in Okinawa. The issue has cast a shadow on bilateral relations. They said it was their common goal to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Earlier this week, the two governments decided to form a ministerial-level working group to find a way to resolve the issue, just in time to avoid direct conflict at the summit.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20091114a1.html

Day 605 { Estimated Cost Of Syaken } - Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Donna and Danielle Townsend.

Today I went to get an estimated cost of this car inspection thing that I have to do before December 4. This thing has to be done every 2 years and is known as SYAKEN....Depending on the state of your car, this can range anywhere from US $500 to US $2000. The worse shape your car is in, the more money it will cost... Also if your car has a bigger engine you can also expect to pay more as well. However, as with mechanics anywhere, you can expect them to subtly or blatantly rob you by stating something is wrong with your car when nothing is.

I went to the car mechanic along with a friend of mine to help me with the translating, and the owner of the mechanic car place said it would cost about US $650. However, I realised when I went back to my apartment that this same company sent me a later yesterday saying that I could come there to do my syaken. On the letter, it stated that the estimated cost would be around US $400. Hmmm When I go back, I need to show them this letter.

No comments: