A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, November 16, 2009

Japanese Christian Ex-Soldier

Days 606- 612 
Sunday-Saturday, November 15-21, 2009


This week was kind of uneventful and depressing..

Day 606 { Japanese Christian - Ex-Soldier tell his story } - Sunday, November 15, 2009

Went to the plaza and a couple of other places with my friend to buy some stuff for my apartment.

Demons still haunt Christian soldier

He didn't kill but couldn't stop atrocities


Before and during the war, Japanese believed the Emperor was a living god. They also believed they were fighting for him and dying on the battlefield was honorable.
Christians were often the targets of discrimination during the era of Emperor worship, largely because they were judged as not regarding the monarch's divinity as absolute. Some people may have even viewed Christians as followers of an enemy religion. During the war, however, Christian churches obeyed authorities and were controlled by the military government.
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20091119w1.html

Day 607 { Josh McDowell } - Monday, November 16, 2009


Went home from work today and was feeling a bit depressed. Went to bible study afterwards where our bible study leader spoke about the testimony of this man name Josh McDowell who challenged Christianity then eventually became a Christian... He has written and/or co-written over 77 books.


Day 608 { Mistaken Schedule } - Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I had a mistake on my schedule today... And ended up going to teach my kindergarten class late.... Then actually when I checked the internet, I saw where my company sent me a change of schedule since October 30... But I did not take note of it.... So it was my fault...

I was actually at the school sitting until the vice principal said to me that its time to go to the kindergarten. I showed him my schedule which said I didn't have them today... They then printed an updated version for me...

Day 609 { } - Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nothing special just felt a little depressed throughout the day :(

Day 610 { } - Thursday, November 19, 2009

Some of the Japanese guys at football saw that I looked depressed and asked me if I got broken hearted. It was very cold while playing football... I got about 5 goals to score but none connected.


Davy 611 { Interracial Couple } - Friday, November 20, 2009 { 1 Year 8 Months }

Nothing special took place today. Except that a run away truck would have probably hit my car if a guy never quickly hurried and stop it.... The worst thing is that I forgot my wallet and my driver's licence was in there.

Couple's love story started in Africa


Emmanuel Gbevegnon met his wife, Eriko Hidaka, in 1995 in Niger.

Eriko, a native of Yakushima Island, Kagoshima Prefecture, was there to help with vaccination activities, using her experience as a nurse. Emmanuel, a native of the city of Cotonou in Benin, a country next to Niger with a population of about 9.3 million, was there on business.
Emmanuel met Eriko at a community event to introduce Japanese culture in Niamey, Niger's capital. About three years on from that encounter,
the couple married in Benin and moved to Japan in 1999.


Day 612 { Niimi Art Museum } - Saturday, November 21, 2009

Went to an art museum with a few persons from my bible study. Been living in Niimi for 1 year and 8 months and had no clue that there was an art museum here.. One of the ladies from the bible s tudy who has been living in niimi for well over 30 years, said she has never been here either...

The art display was from a lady name Takahashi mayumi and the displays look quite real.

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave - thanks for the birthday wishes BUT you suppose to tell me Happy Birthday TWICE :D