A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Days 620- 626 <{ }> Sunday-Saturday, November 29-December 5, 2009

Days 620- 626 <{ }>
Sunday-Saturday, November 29-December 5, 2009


Day 620 { Order New Monitor /Bob Marley The Richest Dead Celebrity } -
Sunday, November 29, 2009

Went to church again after about a 3 weeks break. I then ordered a 22 inch flat screen monitor on amazon.co.jp when I got home... The brand is called iiyama . Never heard of it before but it cost only $US 150 ...

Bob Marley
A deal with the music superstar's estate is set to generate more than $1 billion in worldwide annual sales by 2012.
Toronto-based private-equity firm Hilco Consumer Capital has struck a management deal with the Marley estate, which is expected to generate worldwide annual sales in excess of $1 billion by 2012. That seems like a huge number, but by some estimates the Marley name, sound, and image already generate as much as $600 million in pirated merchandise.
"Marley is a str
ong globalbob_marley.03.jpg brand," says Mickey Goodman, a professional marketer and professor at New York University's Stern School of Business. "He enjoys a high level of awareness, and people feel positive about his music."
Major licensing agreements for the Marley brand are about to be launched in two key areas: consumer electronics -- including headphones, docking stations, and speakers -- and health care, which will likely feature skin-care products and herbal supplements. Also in the works, according to Hilco, are deals for a Marley-branded calming beverage, a video game similar to Guitar H
ero featuring Marley's songs, and a chain of restaurants celebrating the music superstar.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/20/news/companies/bob_marley.fortune/index.htm

=====
=====
-
Day 621
{ Japan spying On North Korea }
-
Monday, November 30, 2009

Got paid, and started paying for the new car. The car shop owners were asking me a whole lot of questions about my personal life... My friend made dinner for me then I went to bible study in the night.

Japan Spying

New spy satellite launched into orbit The optical satellite was launched on an H-2A rocket from Tanegashima Space Center in Kagoshima Prefecture by JAXA and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.

Japan's latest intelligence-gathering satellite was successfully put into orbit Saturday, replacing an earlier model, the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency said.

The new satellite, the third of its kind, will replace the first model, which had a planned life span of about five years and was put into orbit in March 2003, according to officials involved with the project.

"The satellite will gather intelligence for our defense and diplomatic purposes," said Hisashi Michigami, an official at the Cabinet Office. "We hope to upgrade our ability to gather intelligence on our own. Intelligence gathering is vital to our national security."

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20091129a1.html

=====
=====

Day 622 { Got New Monitor / Law Abiding Citizen } -
Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Today while driving to work, the delivery guys called and said they have the monitor with them at my apartment... I asked them if they could come back later and they said dine...

A kid at my
main school also caught the H1N1 virus, so again, I had to be wearing a mask all day... It
s a bit weird and uncomfortable but, I guess it works. Paid my rent and sorted out some other bills after work. I then went to buy some oil for my heater...

Went to the Tuesday English conversation after a 2 weeks break. I then went back to my apartment and tried my heater, only to see that it was acting weird...

It started smoking a bit so I quickly turned it off and plugged it out. My friend said maybe its because it was sitting there for too long and may have gathered some dust inside...


I forgot to mention that I recently watched law abiding citizen... And it was quite an interesting movie... It reminded me of the series prison break with a combination of Die Hard 4.

=======
=======

Day 623 { Japanese Guy Marries Video Game Girl } -
Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Was feeling a bit sick at work today, like I was catching the cold... I was very paranoid because of the H1N1 virus which has been rampant in my area recently... I however took some medicine that I brought back from Jamaica when I just got to Japan, then I was fine again.


I saw this rather interesting story on my friend's website...

A Japanese Man who goes by the name “SAL 9000″ has become quite the celebrity, not for being found naked in a public place, flinging poop at passing bikers or buying Gundam themed condoms. Instead he has becoming famous for marrying a video game character, yes you read that right, he married a video game character from an anime themed dating simulation for the Nintendo DS made by Konami called Love Plus.

His wife’s name is Nene Anegasaki and a simple ceremony would not have been enough for him to express his undying love for his wife so SAL 9000 hired a priest, had a MC, an audience and the bride’s best friend (also a video game character). All this was streamed live over the internet from the Tokyo Institute of Technology. That’s when the popular Boing Boing technology blog picked up the story, there is even a video embedded below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsikPswAYUM&feature=player_embedded WHAT the heck is going on????

http://www.jamaipanese.com/japanese-man-marries-video-game-girl/

http://boingboing.net/

=========
=========

Day 624 { Child Abduction In Japan } -
Thursday, December 3, 2009

Went to play football at the place where I used to go when I just got to Japan. We had to combine with the the opposing team because we didn't have enough players on our normal team. It was fun doing this, about 10 on 10. I did manage to score 1 goal.


Japan has finally decided to do something about the child abduction issue.

The Foreign Ministry has set up a new division to handle international child custody issues in response to overseas criticism that Japan allows Japanese mothers to take their children away from their divorced partners.

The division, officially launched Tuesday, will study the issue, including whether to sign the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, whose aim is to secure the prompt return of children wrongfully removed to or retained in any signatory countries, Foreign Minister Katsuya Okada said.

"We have received various opinions from America and European nations. This is a difficult issue, but we will try to take quick action to handle it," Okada told reporters Monday.

Foreign embassies and governments have urged Japan to improve the situations for foreign men trying to see their children, but such diplomatic efforts have not been successful.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20091203a2.html

==========
==========

Day 625 { } -
Friday, December 4, 2009

Did absolutely nothing at work today. Not sure why they scheduled me to go to work. I sat all day around the computer reading blogs, history and all manner of things... Well at least at my main school they give me a computer to use...

In the evening, I took one of my friend's out to a restaurant for her birthday...

Day 626 { } -
Saturday, December 5, 2009

Stayed in most of the day just relaxing and playing Assassin's Creed.

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Which Assassin's Creed you paying Dave? 1 or 2? Do i have you on my PS3 friends list?