A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Friday, January 22, 2010

Days 669- 675 <{ }> Sunday-Saturday, January 17-January 23, 2010

Days 669- 675 <{ }>
Sunday-Saturday, January 17-January 23, 2010

Yup another somewhat uneventful week for me again... And maybe there are many more to come as my pay for next month will be only 75% of my usual pay because of winter vacation.

Recently, I have been feeling as if my life is just wasting away in Japan. The only thing I am learning is the culture and a little of the language. I feel like my talents are just not being utilized enough. I hope I some how get a break whether thro
ugh my show or otherwise. Some break that can help me to use my talents and abilities more.

Day 669 { AVATAR }
Sunday, January 17, 2010

For the first time, I actually drove for more than 1 hour 30 mins none stop to get to another location. Usually, I would take a bus, a train or get driven by someone when going these distances. I finally braved up and drove to the Tottori prefecture to watch one of the most amazing movies I have ever seen, AVATAR. Unfortunately, I didn't see it in 3D so I want to go again to watch it in 3D.

On the way to Tottori prefecture, there was a whole lot of snow on either side of the road. I was with my friend and she showed me this magnificent looking mountain in the area. I have seen it before but never like this... Mount Daisen.

Yeah so avatar. The plot is quite familiar but the visuals (even though I am sure in 3d it will be 10 times better) and the action was AMAZING!!! I liked star trek (2009) but I enjoyed this more... Actually when I came out of the theatre I was like " aaah back to reality" .. I really enjoyed this movie... My friend also enjoyed it thoroughly.

It was that amazing, that it had to be banned in China. Read on ...

Avatar has become China's most successful movie after making nearly £47 million, but that hasn't stopped the country's government pulling the film from some of its cinemas over fears that it could cause political unrest.

The China Film Group, which is run by the state, believes the plot of human colonists attempting to demolish an alien village for its resources steers too close to a very sensitive issue in China at the moment.

Millions of Chinese people have been evicted from their homes to make room for high rises and governm
ent infrastructure projects, reports The LA Times. Avatar's success has also angered some Chinese officials, who fear the film's popularity takes too much market share from their domestic films.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article/11190/avatar-banned-in-china.html


==========
========================
==================================

Day 670 {}
Monday, January 18, 2010

All I did today was go to w
ork then go to bible study.

===================================
===============
====================

Day 671 {The Blind
Side}
Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Watched a movie name blind side via the internet. It is a true story about a poor black guy name Michael Oher who eventually was raised in a wealthy white family and got a break to go to college then joined the Baltimore Ravens in the NFL. It was interesting.

I then ended the Ps3 game Res
istance - The fall of man. Can't believe I ended a PS 3 game in a week. It speaks to the slowing down of my outside activities since 2010 started. Even pokemon took me about 4 months to end.

I also started playing resistance 2 and so far 1 is better. Well so far that is..... In 1, you have a good couple of weapons to select from but in 2 you can only carry 2 at a time ... The graphics in 2 is much better though.
===================================
===================================

Day 672 {Sherlock Holmes/Bullets mailed }
Wednesday, January 20, 2010


I was supposed to go eat out with my land lord at my favourite restaurant in town today but he cancelled. So after work I watched the movie Sherlock Holmes. It had some nice action scenes but I ended up falling asleep while watching it. It wasn't so bad over all though.


Bullets Mailed

The ruling party in Japan (Democratic Party Of Japan) has been threatened.


Bullets have been mailed to the Tokyo headquarters of the ruling Democratic Party of Japan and TV Asahi Corp. with the envelope received by the DPJ containing a letter demanding that scandal-hit DPJ Secretary General Ichiro Ozawa quit, investigators said Tuesday.

The envelopes bore no sender names and were apparently posted in Okayama Prefecture, the police said.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20100120a9.html

The bullets were mailed from the prefecture that I am living in.

===================================
==============================
=====

Day 673 {Got My Book}
Thursday, January 21, 2010

After work today I received a book that I ordered online from amazon.co.jp. A book that I saw on my friend jamaipanese blog. The name is Japan - An Illustrated History. The book kind of summarises the history of Japan from its very start until present day. It has been an interesting read thus far.

Started back my usual Thursday football today. It was fun after missing it for 1 month. I wasn't getting tired quickly as before some how. Again we m
ixed the teams which is more fun than the usual we VS them thing.







===================================
========================
===========

Day 674 {I Am Sad/DPJ in Trouble}
Friday, January 22, 2010

Got some sad news today that I would rather not share. But I will be fine in a couple of weeks at worst. I went out to a little bar after I got home from work, to see if I could talk away my pain and sadness in Japanese. It so happened that the foreigner who lives on the same apartment complex with me was there as well. He was kinda hiding out. Going out tonight helped me to feel a little better.


DPJ in Trouble
The current ruling party of Japan (Democratic Party of Japan) is in some serious hot water, since they got their historic victory late last year.


1) They are yet to make a decision about where to relocate the US soldiers who are currently in Okinawa, which is the southern most prefecture in Japan.
The Okinawans want the US to come out of the prefecture totally BUT in 2006 Japan signed an agreement with the US saying that they will keep the soldiers within the prefecture... The US is currently pressuring Japan to keep the deal that they made... But most Japanese want the US out it seem. So there is some tension between The US and Japan now.

2) The president of the Democratic Party of Japan (Hatoyama) who by default is the prime minister of Japan is in some funds scandal thing. Where his mother, who is now the owner of the tire Company, Bridgestone, gave him a lot of money to help him in politics. His brother (whom their mom also helped financially) was in the opposition party but he recently resigned because he was in the scandal as well... But the Prime minister is fighting through... However, already some persons who were working for him, has been arrested.

3) The General secretary of the Democratic Party of Japan (Ozawa) who is a former president of the party and who basically is the master mind beh
ind the party's historic win, and who is the real big wig in the party, is also in a funds scandal. Also some persons who were working for him has been arrested as well.

Short story here
Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama again proclaimed his innocence Thursday in a political funds scandal involving donations from his mother, telling the House of Representatives Budget Committee that he is ready to resign if the facts prove otherwise.

Prosecutors have revealed that Hatoyama's mother gave some ¥1.26 billion to the prime minister's fund management body from 2002 to 2008, with part of the money apparently disguised as donations from other people, even some deceased.

Two of Hatoyama's former secretaries have been arrested over the case, but Hatoyama has insisted he was not aware of any wrongdoing. When news of the mother's contributions surfaced, they were first deemed "loans," but Hatoyama last month agreed to amend his tax returns and pay more than ¥500 million in gift taxes.

Prosecutors will question Democratic Party of Japan Secretary General Ichiro Ozawa on a voluntary basis Saturday in Tokyo, sources said Thursday.

The prosecutors have confirmed the date with the Ozawa side, they said.

The questioning will likely take four hours, during which investigators will ask him about his political fund management body's alleged false political fund reports related to a controversial land purchase, the sources said.

Ozawa is expected repeat his earlier claim that the ¥350 million land deal was entirely funded by his personal assets and not by shady donations from general contractors, the sources said.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20100122a2.html

===================================
===================================

Day 675 {}

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Again stayed in for the entire day playing Resistance 2. Now its getting more interesting. Check out the size of this boss that I had to contend with today... You are like an ant to him and you have to fight him on foot and in his hand when he tries to have you for dinner.

==============================================
==============================================

Yeah Richard, snow looks amazing... but its just too cold.
I don't like egg since I was like 5 years old when it made me had to go to the hospital... Since then I don't like the smell or the taste of it... I say this to the average Japanese over and over again... but they still ask. And very often forget.

2 comments:

Jamaipanese said...

glad you could pick the book up! Haven't seen Sherlock Holmes yet but might this weekend. Avatar was awesome!

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave - you sick inna yuh head.
How yuh fi say Avatar nicer than Star Trek - run whey man.

Avatar was nice and entertaining - especially with the 3D but it was too predictable in it's plot. It's good but me still wud prefer Star Trek. I would watch Star Trek again but i wouldn't watch Avatar again.

I also watched Blind Side and Sherlock Holmes. Both i like.