A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Days 676- 682 <{ }> Sunday-Saturday, January 24-January 30, 2010


Days 676- 682 <{ }>
Sunday-Saturday, January 24-January 30, 2010

Still feeling a little down about my situation but I'm coming on... I'm getting over it...

Day 676 (Hatpyoukai)
Sunday, January 24, 2010

Went to work today to watch the kids at my main school do their yearly theatre, Drama and musical event known as
h
atpyoukai. It is always kept in the gym which at this time is EXTREMELY cold. At the last one, they placed me beside a heater. But this time it was not so... I had to bear the cold.

I went home and ended Resistance 2
(ended it in 5 days)... And yes I can finally say it was a little better than part 1. Not wayy better just a little better. I then started playing Metal Gear Solid 4, which has been getting many many good reviews. IGN gave it a 10/10.


==============================

Day 677 ( )
Monday, January 25, 2010


Stayed home today because of "work" yesterday. I didn't do much in my apartment except read more of the shortened version of Japanese history, in the book that I bought. Then played lots of Metal Gear Solid 4, after which I went to bible study.


===============================

Day 678 ( Car Slide)

Tuesday, January 26, 201
0

Was running
a little late for work so I was driving a little fast. Then while driving over a bridge, my car started drifting to the right all by itself. Then in my frightened state, trying to control the vehicle, it started to drift to the left, then back to the right.... then I finally gained control. All of this lasted about 3-5 seconds, but it was one of the most scary 3-5 seconds of my life. It was only seconds after I gained full control, when a car from the opposite side went by.

I didn't drive over 40km/h for the
remaining journey to work.



===============================

Day 679 ( The Book Of Eli)
Wednesday, January 27, 2010

After work, I watched a movie called "The book of Eli" starring Denzel Washington. It was ok. Not great, just ok.

========================
========

Day 680 ( 201
2 )
Thursday, January 28, 2010

I completed reading Japan
an Illustrated history, which is an interesting book if you are interested in Japan any at all.

I went to play football again in the big cold gym. We did rock, paper, scissors to see which team we were goin
g to be placed on. All the scissors on one team and all the rocks on another etc... We did this and play against each other... Then we did it again after about 3 matches to mix the teams further. The second time around, I was placed on a team with no goal keeper... So we had to do the rock, paper thing again to see who would be the goal keeper. Sadly, I had to be the keeper for the first match. My team mates were really good so I didn't have to attempt to save much. So not even 1 goal scored on me....

Started watching the movie 2012. The plot was kind of stupid, it had too m
any split second co-incidences and very bad acting in my opinion. But for some reason or another I just wanted to see what's next.






=================================

Day 681 (Credit Card - Fail / Apple's i-pad)
Friday, January 29, 201
0


Credit Card - Fail


I applied for a Japanese Credit Card recently because one of the girls who I went to the Philippines with got one. I was however told long ago that people who work for my company don't normally get credit card so easily because our company fire people too often and too quickly. I still tried it out but I got a letter today saying sorry but I didn't qualify for the credit card.





I-Pad
Apple inc. came out with their new toy this week known as the i-pad.... Here is the video of its unveiling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmCPcZk2Bgc

It looks really neat and its supposed to be very thin and light... The cheapest models will be going for US$499... To me however, this seem only like an over sized i-phone/ipod touch. Steve Job's presentation was also a bit hyperbolic as things that the i-pad can do, can be done by an ordinary i-phone/ipod touch.
=================================


Day 682 (Skiing)
Saturday, January 30, 2010

Went skiing today for the first
time in my life. It was a little overwhelming at first. But then after a few tries it started to be fun... The trainer brought me wayy up to the top of the mountain of the training area but I could not manage to ski down properly. The slope was a bit too much.

Here is a video of what I did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNwwdU64v3M

I fell about 3-4 times while learning. It wasn't painful at all though.

2 comments:

三合 said...

I love readding, and thanks for your artical.........................................

Najima said...

Wow how was the skiing? fun? I went skiing for my first time when i was about about 14 it was fun but i froze my hands and feet and had to go inside. I'm going to go again soon and definitely when i get to japan. thanks for stopping by our blog sorry we haven't replied our comment widget was malfunctioning we'll be replying all the time now :)

NAJIMA
http://newyorktojapanjourney.blogspot.com/