A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Days 690- 696 <{ }> Sunday-Saturday, February 7 - February 13, 2010

Days 690- 696 <{ }> Sunday-Saturday, February 7 - February 13, 2010


Day 690 {}
Sunday, February 7, 2010

Went to church at it's new location today. Later on I played loads of Metal Gear solid 4.

========================================
Day 691 { District 9 }
Monday, February 8, 2010

After work I watched a Science Fiction film name District 9. It was quite interesting. It sort of had a similar story line to Avatar but then it changed drastically. It also had a sad ending. But it was pretty decent to watch.

Went bible study in the night where about 14 persons were in attendance. We actually prayed for growth and here it comes. The numbers has more than doubled.










=====================================
Day 692 { As A Man Thinketh }
Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Went to the Tuesday English conversations today where a high school guy did a presentation about his trip to Cambodia.

I completed reading this very very encouraging book that I downloaded from the internet name "As a man thinketh." It is quite encouraging and it has motivated me a whole lot since I am through reading it.

Here is the link for it... http://asamanthinketh.net/aamt.pdf .. Not sure if a sign up thing is involved.





========================================
Day 693 { The Secret }
Wednesday, February 10, 2010

After work, I had a long chat online with one of my friends from my last job. He told me to watch this documentary name "The Secret" ... This also was quite motivational... It really is a powerful documentary... At the root of what it was saying though, is that we should flood our minds with positive thinking. Which is not really a secret if you think about it but yeah.

I must honestly say though that after watching this film and reading the "As a man thinketh" book ... I have had a renewed vigour to study Japanese even harder. I also made a couple of objectives that I want to achieve, and I am going to work hard at achieving them...


=============================================
Day 694 { Studying Kanji}
Thursday, February 11, 2010

Today is a holiday, and I didn't even realize it until like late yesterday. That is how much I have been staying away from the thought of sitting in my apartment all day recently.... However, I did make use of the time and studied a lot of kanji characters.












===========================================
Day 695 {}
Friday, February 12, 2010

Went to the dentist after work. I fell like the lady didn't clean my teeth properly though. I then went to a local bar place and chatted a bit with my Japanese friend who loves reggae music.


======================================
Day 696 {New Japanese Class}
Saturday, February 13, 2010

Started going to Japanese classes today... Sadly (a) it is 1 hour away in Kurashiki ... Sadly (b) is that it seem they don't have a structured plan like what I was expecting...... Sadly (c) is that the darn teachers hardly speak any English!!! ... At least the person who volunteered to teach me in my community was more or less fluent in both English and Japanese... So maybe I will start to go back to him again...

It took me some time to find the building for the class today but I found it with the help of my friend Courtney who lives in the area. I then went to the main city and finally bought the game killzone 2 because it was only for about US $29. While heading back to my apartment, I some how took the wrong train???? I still don't know how honestly.... The time was right and I was at the correct platform... But just maybe because my watch is 5 mins fast, a train probably came before mine during that time...and I accidentally jumped on it..... that could have been the reason why....

I eventually had to stop at a point, head back and painstakingly wait for over an hour in the cold for another train... Ohhh the many disadvantages of living in the country... I hope I get some experience living in one of the major cities in Japan.

==============================
==============================

Yes Richard I ended up buying the book.. It was a little too interesting for me not to buy....I paid about US $20 for it.

And I do agree with you that it's quite embarrassing and down right lame to be in a country almost 2 years and not even be close to fluent in the language... I still have to be asking random friends to follow me to the doctor or dentist if needs be. So I've decided to act now and stop making excuses.

1 comment:

dwayne2d3d said...

hi, i enjoy reading your blog and have been doing so for awhile...
my only gripe is that i wish you would add more detail.

For example you wrote that you have a renewed vigour to study Japanese even harder and that you also have a couple of objectives that you want to achieve but yet you didn't go into detail..

just my 2cents, otherwise i enjoy reading your blog...
-peace-