A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Days 718- 724 <{ }> Sunday - Saturday, March 7 - 13, 2010


Days 718- 724 <{ }> Sunday - Saturday, March 7 - 13, 2010


Day 718 { Unexpected Dinner }
Sunday, March 7, 2010

Went to church in the morning then to study a little Japanese in the night. I told the teacher that I was writing a book of poetry in English, Japanese and Jamaican dialect... He then started to teach me about traditional Japanese poetry. One is called the Haiku... The other is called the Tanka.

While at the Japanese study class, my Landlord called me to have some food with him and a couple of his friends in the area. There I met the head of the police traffic patrol division in my city. He drank quite a lot and ended up breaking a couple plates and a cup I think. I also met the city mayor's son who was asking me a bunch of questions.







====================
Day 719 { Wrong Age Group }
Monday, March 8, 2010

I notice recently that I am probably attracting the wrong age group of females... Firstly, this lady probably in her sixties was questioning me quite a lot while I was going to Kurashiki last week. And she proceeded to tell me how happy she was to see me in person because she always see me on the TV and blah blah. Now today, this grade 5 kid kept whispering "handsome teacher" while I was teaching in class... What is going on here????

Recently I also solicited the help of another friend who is willing to help me with Japanese on Mondays after work.

====================

Day 720 { Foreigner protest }
Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Some serious snow fell between last night and this morning, even though winter is almost over.

Foreigners rally over job security

Hundreds of

foreign and Japanese people staged a rally Sunday in Tokyo demanding better working conditions and employment benefits for foreign residents.


At the annual "March in March" event at Hibiya Park in Chiyoda Ward, Louis Carlet, deputy general secretary of the National Union of General Workers Tokyo Nambu, said foreign workers have a great need for job security and health care.

"It's difficult to be a foreigner in any country. But it's much more difficult when you don't have job security, when you don't have health care," said Carlet, whose union jointly hosted the event with other groups lobbying for improved labor conditions.


=====================
Day 721 { }
Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Took some pictures with the teachers at my Wednesday school today and some with the grade 6 kids who will be graduating soon.

I then went home and pre-ordered God of War 3 online.

======================
Day 722
Thursday, March 11, 2010

Played soccer again at the college after work... And as usual it was really fun even though I was beyond exhausted near to the end.

======================
Day 723
Friday, March 12, 2010

Went karate and learnt a new karate style finally after about 5 months of trying the last 2 styles. I then went to The Friday English conversation thing, then to a farewell gathering for Neil who is leaving at the end of this month... I was very late for the goodbye party but I saw him and wished him well. Most of the J.E.T ALTs are leaving this year.

I then went to a random bar in the night where 1 guys there saw me and recognised me from my TV show. One of them is a teacher who knew a Jamaican friend of mine who was living about 1hr from me.



======================
Day 724
Saturday March 13, 2010

For the first time in my almost 2 years living in Japan, I drove by myself to Kurashiki to study Japanese. I got lost about 10 times but I eventually found the way thank the Lord. So I got to the location very very late.

I then drove to the mall in Kurashiki just by following my instincts, because I had no clue where to go....Driving back to my apartment though was quite easy.


Later on, the principal at my main school along with his wife, invite me out to dinner and then to their house. Really nice people. His wife was quite surprised about my knowledge of Japanese culture even though I told her several times that I am living here almost 2 years now. Almost every time I said something, she wondered how I knew about it.






Yeah Richard mi a try on a weekly basis to talk with more Japanese people and occasionally go into the bars and listen to the people.

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Bwoy Dave - the man dem a gurt yuh up wickedly in that first picture - lol