A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Days 767 - 773 <{ }> Sunday - Saturday, April 25- May 1, 2010

Days 767 - 773 <{ }> Sunday - Saturday, April 25- May 1, 2010

Day 767 { Green Zone }
Sunday, April 25, 2010

Stayed in all day then went to study Japanese in the night with 2 of the other ALTs here...
started watching a movie name green zone... Its kind of interesting but I ended up falling asleep about 3 times. Its about the US invasion of Iraq when they claimed Iraq had weapons of mass destruction which proved to be false.









=================================== ===================================
Day 768 {}
Monday, April 26, 2010

Went bible study in the night after work...

=================================== ===================================
Day 769 { A Little Dancing }
Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Went by the college to watch some of the college girls do some dance lesson thing. One of the dance participants invited me ... There are 2 groups of them: the street dance group, and the dance club... the dance club does various kinds of dancing while the street dance group mainly do hip hop style dancing... I showed them a few of the dances (my version) that we do in Jamaica...




=================================== ===================================

Day 770 { Book Getting Closer and Closer }
Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Took a day off from work today because I wasn't feeling too well. I ended up playing a whole lot of God of War 3 on the PS3 and ended it finally.

The Tuesday English conversation was held today (Wednesday) instead... I stayed there for a little while and then ran out out to give the dancing girls 2 CDs with some Jamaican Reggae music and some American Dance/hip hop music... I again showed them some more of my version of Jamaican dances. they were having a ball doing some of them, while the music was playing...

I then went back to the English conversation area where I took this picture with some first year students. One of them is even a black belt in the style of karate that I am doing now...

I then went to a meeting in a restaurant nearby with the English conversation coordinator and a graphic artist who may help me with publishing my book... Am I going to get to do this for real?? Lets hope and see where this goes...

Thanks for your help so far Kiyoshi sensei... Really really appreciate it...

=================================== ===================================

Day 771 {}

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Today was a holiday, so I ended up going to a nearby city along with a friend of mine ...

=================================== ===================================

Day 772 {}
Friday, April 30, 2010

Went karate after work then went to the convenient store with a Japanese friend of mine who helped me to purchase a ticket to go to Tokyo next week... Next week is the annual One Love Festival... And I don't plan to miss it...

=================================== ===================================

Day 773

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Went to a prefecture name Kochi to visit a Jamaica friend living there... Kochi is a prefecture on one of the 4 main islands of Japan known as Shikoku Island. There are 4 prefectures on this island ... and Kochi prefecture is the largest but least populous... This was my first time going on this island.

It took about 4 hours to get to Kochi from my town. First 1hr 30 mins to Okayama City then 2hr 30 mins to Kochi...

Me and my friend went to a castle in the area then to a museum. They told us not to take photos in the museum but aaaah what the heck. I saw some Japanese persons taking photos so I did also...

We also had lunch and sat and talked for a bit. She is really really a nice person, no if and buts. We met once before at a company meeting maybe over a year ago.

I wore my famous Akiba sensei sweater which most if not all Japanese persons so far find extremely interesting.... For some reason or another, it never cease to amaze them that a black guy is wearing a shirt saying Akiba Sensei... My ex-girlfriend told me that the Akiba actually stands for Akihabara, which is the famous nerd and electronics district in Tokyo. So its really a nerd sweater and not my name... But what if my name was actually Akiba?? My mother has a Jamaican friend with the name Ishikawa 石川 (stone river).. I am wondering how they would react if they heard that... hmmm ....


There is this famous figure from this area called Sakamoto Ryoma. Actually that is him in the picture behind me and my friend...


Here is an excerpt about him

Who was Sakamoto Ryoma?

Born Jan. 3, 1836, Sakamoto was a key figure in Japan's modernization and contributed to overthrowing the Tokugawa Shogunate. Spending his youth in what is now modern-day Kochi Prefecture, Sakamoto demonstrated exceptional talent as a swordsman, but he also had a flare for business.

He is known to have founded Kaientai, an entity that became one of the first modern Japanese trading companies but which also served as his private navy.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20100427i1.html

1 comment:

Bjorn J. said...

Yea Dav i watched Green Zone at the theater ending up leaving after i feel asleep through the whole thing pretty much...Good to see that ur keepin well in JAP...when u think u goin home? I wonder if i could make it there lol