A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, May 10, 2010

Days 774 - 780 <{ }> Sunday - Saturday, May 2 - May 8, 2010



Days 774 - 780 <{ }> Sunday - Saturday, May 2 - May 8, 2010

This week had a mixture of quiet times and great fun... I think so far this has been my best week or at least amongst my best weeks in 2010.


Day 774 { }

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Went church then back home... played lots of Uncharted 2 and did some editing to my book.

==================
==================

Day 775 { Number Of Children In Japan Decreasing }

Monday, May 3, 2010

Again stayed in all day, didn't even open my apartment door for some fresh air. Its the beginning of golden week so most of Japan is on holiday. Did more editing to my book and played more uncharted 2.


Number of children in Japan falls to record low for 29th year in row

The number of children in Japan under the age of 15 is estimated to have dropped 190,000 in the last year to 16.94 million, marking a record low for the 29th consecutive year, the government said Tuesday.

In a report issued on the eve of Children's Day, a national holiday, the Internal Affairs and Communications Ministry said kids comprised 13.3 percent of the population as of April 1.

It was the 36th straight year the percentage has fallen and remained the lowest worldwide.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20100505a2.html


======================
======================

Day 776 { Failed Installing Printer }
Tuesday, May 4, 2010

2 days spent mostly resting and roaming about in my apartment is enough, after that I want to go somewhere. Initially I had no plans but then an ALT here asked me to help her install a printer. I went to her apartment and a couple of ALTs were there snacking, so I joined. I then attempted to install her printer but I could not find the driver on the internet for this model ( Canon Pixus MP770). I think I eventually found the driver but it still wasn't installing...

After failing to install the printer :(, we played some nintendo Wii games until about 2 am.


==================================
==================================

Day 777 { Good Bye Cath.. :( }
Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Today we had a barbecue at a park in the area. It was a barbecue for one of the ALTs who is heading back home tomorrow. One of my better friends of the ALTs actually :( So there is no one else here now to tell my dark stories to and get a well balanced opinion... :(

I think we all had a great time eating and talking from about 12:30pm until about 7:00 pm.

One of our Japanese friends brought another friend who had a dog. His dog kept playfully biting a couple of us.



























==================================
==================================

Day 778 { I Really love Thursday Night Football }
Thursday, May 6, 2010


Played football at the college today and again this is sooooo much fun seriously!!! I enjoy this so much that if they stop it on a given week( like last week), I feel like something is missing from my life.... Why didn't I know about this thing all along?? Actually it took a very bad situation to get me to know about this thing... If that bad situation didn't occur, then chances are I would't have known about this....

Anyway, the first years girls kept asking me if I am married or if I had a girlfriend and what not.... This has been their main question so far and I don't know why...


========================================
========================================

Day 779 { Heading For Tokyo }
Friday, May 7, 2010

After work, I rushed home to do my final preparations for Tokyo, then drove out to catch the train to Okayama city. Spoke for a little while to this J.E.T ALT while on the train going to Okayama. I met this guy about 2 years ago when I just got to Japan. I then went to Mcdonalds, then headed for the bus terminus. However, I realized that the bus terminus was different from the one last year... so I had to search a bit... Actually I had to ask a Japanese lady who then searched on her phone and told me where to go.

I found the bus terminus, and it was now time to experience the almost 11 hours journey to Tokyo via the night bus... I brought my PSP with me, so I played a lot of Final Fantasy Crises Core... I think I slept for about 8 hours of the journey though, not comfortable sleep but sleep nevertheless....





Day 780 { One Love Festival 2010}
Saturday, May 8, 2010

Japan has an ever growing love affair with Jamaica, and as a result the two-day, 6th annual One Love Jamaica Festival to be held in Yoyogi Park expects upwards of 40,000 revellers this May 8 and 9. Those who make their way to the festival will get a special chance to experience the inimitable cuisine and culture of one of the Caribbean’s most popular and iconic destinations.

http://www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/feature/715




So I got to Shinjuku, Tokyo, this morning at about 7:30 am, then headed to a starbucks to have some breakfast. I wasn't 100% sure where to take the trains and exactly what train should I take to head to Harajuku at the yoyogi park where the One Love Jamaica Festival would be held. So I sparked up a conversation with a lady who was nearby me and we started to talk about all sort of stuff. Her friend then came by and they actually followed me to the train station and told me what train to take...

I then went to my friend's apartment in an area known as Ocha no mizu (Tea water ??)and gave her an update about what was happening in my life since last year. I then headed out to the festival where I met up with a couple old friends and met some new ones as well. In the night, I went to a restaurant with some of the new friends that I met. I found out then that we had a common friend.
I cannot even begin to express how much of a wonderful time I had here ...

This is a clip I took of pieces of the event













http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6TyKhyX9Q4


3 comments:

Stewy said...

Dave those Japanese dogs just look so epic though lol, I want one! Is it strange that they kinda look like the Japanese people though lol.

You need to help the Japanese repopulate with some Blackanese kids too lol

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

That dog look mad.

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave - is the Jamaica Government represented any at all during these festivals? Meaning Ministry of Tourism or such?