A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Days 781 - 787 <{ }> Sunday - Saturday, May 9 - May 15, 2010

Days 781 - 787 <{ }> Sunday - Saturday, May 9 - May 15, 2010

Day 781 { One Love Jamaica Festival 2010 Pt 2 }
Sunday, May 9, 2010

Woke up at my friend's apartment and she followed me to one of my favourite places in all of Japan, AKIHABARA..... The electronic, games, manga, anime centre of Japan that is filled with nerds, strange people and foreigners. I even bought a shirt that has "I love Akihabara" written on it.

I then went to harajuku to Day 2 of The One Love Jamaica Festival 2010. The crowd was enormous. I don't recall seeing so many people last year. We could hardly walk anywhere seriously!!! However, in the crowd I was extremely surprised when I saw a former student of mine who I taught computing to at my last job in Jamaica. Even now I still can't believe. I stopped and spoke to him for a long while, and he said he is now living in Japan with his wife.... He said he met his Japanese wife about 6 years ago in Jamaica, and they kept the relationship and got married last year...Lucky guy really.... I remember about 3-4 years ago teaching this guy computing stuff and he was one of the more outspoken guys of his group. I remember having some trouble with him because of his outspokenness... I am really really happy for him now though.

I also met a couple of other new friends at this event....Even a Jamaican guy and girl who used to see my dub poem performances back in Jamaica.... They both live in Shizuoka prefecture now.
I am kind of broke now after going to this event but it was worth every penny I spent... I am happy I went.

I had to hurry and get out of the crowd at about 4:30 pm because I wanted to catch the 5:10 pm shinkansen (speed train) back to Okayama City, which would take about 3 hrs 30 mins. Eventually got back to Okayama city and then Niimi at about 10:30.... It is a very difficult transition to go to a big lively then go back to a quiet town with little or no activities TRUST ME!!!

==========================
==========================

Day 782 {My Memory}
Monday, May 10, 2010

Went to work then bible study in the night. At bible study, one of the lady's in my group (we split the bible study people in 2 groups now and I am one of the teachers) told us what normally happen when the average Japanese person dies. She said, friends and family from different places come to the house of the dead person to look at the body.... hmmm interesting... The last time I remember wilfully looking at a dead body was in 1994 at my friend's sister funeral. The last time I saw a dead in a casket though was in about 2005 when my Uncle's Father-in-law died. I saw the dead body because the casket was at the front of the church, with the body in plain view of everyone... To this very day I remember the images of both the 1994 and 2005 dead bodies in the casket.... So I am not a big fan of funerals nor dead bodies...

That is one of the things I kinda don't like about my memory... Certain things simply get stuck and some how never leaves. Especially some of the messed up things I did in the past and I am trying to forget them. It takes little or nothing for them to return to the forefront of my mind.... So it is especially difficult for me to forgive myself...

==========================
==========================

Day 783 { Mexican Dances/Possible Book Title}
Tuesday, May 11, 2010

An ALT around here did a presentation at the Tuesday night English conversation thing. She taught us some Mexican dancing which was interesting. She taught us a little salsa and bachata.

I think I finally decided on a name for the book that I am writing.. And I basically signed off on the name ... "Poetic Expressions Of Peace and Love" in Japanese it is "平和と愛の詩的表" There are a couple of reasons why I chose this title...

1) One of my translators said he noticed that most of my poetry speaks about peace and love...

2) I used to use these 2 words a lot in letters etc.

3) At the One Love Festival some Japanese guys sang a song about peace and love... :)
What do you think about the title???

========================
========================

Day 784 { }
Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Not much happened today...

========================
========================

Day 785 { Capcom Soon On Facebook}
Thursday, May 13, 2010

Went to play football both at the college and at the other place where I usually go.


Capcom to release its first game for Facebook

Game publisher Capcom Co. is planning to introduce its first title for Facebook's 400 million users by as early as this business year.

"Gaming on social networks is poised to impact the traditional video game industry and is a presence that can't be ignored," Capcom President Haruhiro Tsujimoto said in an interview Tuesday. "We have to make our move."

Capcom, publisher of the "Resident Evil" and "Street Fighter" games, followsElectronic Arts Inc. in looking to capitalize on the popularity of games on Facebook and MySpace, a market ThinkEquity LLC estimates will triple to $2 billion in the U.S. by 2012.


========================
========================

Day 786 {Karate Interview}

Friday, May 14, 2010

Went to karate, where I got interviewed along with a new ALT here for a local newspaper.....I introduced the new ALT to karate a few weeks ago and he seem to start liking it now...

I then went to another English conversation thing, where the topic of the night was ...... Love and Relationships .... The questions were personal and the Japanese persons were very shy when their question partner was to ask them something.....hazukashii (Shy, embarrassed, ashamed). Actually, I myself was a little hazukashii when they started to ask some questions...


========================
========================


Day 787 {ISBN Number}
Saturday, May 15, 2010

Went to a nearby town to pick up a friend of mine... Then we had dinner in the evening. I also realized today that I need an ISBN number for my book, so I sent an email to the ISBN authorities in Japan... Lets see how all of this goes...






=====================
=====================

Yeah Stewart mi want one of those shiba ken dogs as well. But bwoy to take care of them is a little たいへんですね。

No comments: