A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Days 795 - 801 <{ }> Sunday - Saturday, May 23 - May 29, 2010

Days 795 - 801 <{ }> Sunday - Saturday, May 23 - May 29, 2010

Day 795 {Book Negotiating}
Sunday, May 23, 2010

Went to the main books store in my area again with a friend of mine. This time to meet with the supervisor there. We spoke for a little, then she said, I can put my book in the store for free, without them taking any money from me. She also said I can let the book stay there as long as I want... Wow nice lady :)

Me and my friend then went to a restaurant, where he helped me to translate 2 poems into Japanese.





=========================
=========================

Day 796 { 1 Man Shuts Down a Capital }
Monday, May 24, 2010

Went to my furthest school today instead of my main school. I read on my cell phone that some serious road blocks and violent acts were taking place in the very vicinity where I worked before coming to Japan.

As soon as I got home, this news was all over the internet. I'm kind of embarrassed when I hear stuff like this happening back at home, especially when I'm trying so hard to give a good impression of Jamaica overseas. However, because our government angered the great USA... Their media houses are doing everything to highlight the situation around the world... Especially ABC and CNN...

This is what ABC has on its website now...
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/05/29/2912969.htm?section=justin
CNN http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/05/24/jamaica/?hpt=T1

MSNBC
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37351793/ns/world_news-americas/

Never before have I ever seen so many US media houses cover something about Jamaica...

So this is my version of what is going on now...Not necessarily the full truth... There is this powerful guy in Jamaica name Christopher "Dudus" Coke, and he is known to be affiliated with the ruling government party known as the Jamaica Labour Party. He is from a garrison community called Tivoli Gardens, which is well known throughout Jamaica. The prime minister of Jamaica is the Member of Parliament for that area. Now this guy Christopher "Dudus" Coke is wanted in the USA for drugs, guns and murder charges. And the USA knowing that he was in Jamaica, wanted him to be sued in the US. But, because the Jamaican government know the possible implications of letting this guy go, they were trying to hold on to him.

This did not go too well with the USA, so they started cancelling visas for business men, politicians and singers... Finally the Jamaican government decided to give up Christopher "Dudus" Coke... Then all hell broke loose... The Jamaican government should have realized though that you can't in any way go against what the USA says... Or else there is going to be big problems down the line... Its the same thing they are doing with Japan now and the whole relocation of the USA army in Okinawa issue... The Japanese people there want the US to go for good... (Which by the way would not be a good idea) but the US want them to stick by a deal that they made back in 2006. Hatoyama, the prime minister of Japan finally decided to give in to the pressures of the USA...

So anyway, one man basically shut the entire capital of Jamaica down... I went to bible study in the night and they prayed for me and Jamaica. A really good friend of mine who lived in Japan for 2 years, came back with his wife to be, and they were both at the bible study. They should be getting married in August...

=========================
=========================
Day 797 {}
Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Went to the main city today because the ALTs in Northern Okayama had a meeting. We do almost the same thing at each meeting... A couple a persons do presentations then we go home. I took some pictures with the Jamaican group in Northern Okayama...

=========================
=========================






Day 798 { Book Printing Meeting}
Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Met up with the coordinator of the Tuesday night English conversations and he followed me to a local printing company. I wanted to get the estimated cost of printing a couple of my books. It was a nice meeting. To print 100 copies it would be more than what I initially bargained for but I might try them out... Not sure yet... They said they will print a free sample of my book for me though.

I then went home and did some final touches to the book and sent the printing company the files. I am not sure when I will receive the sample though. I am hoping I can get it by next Monday, because I have a presentation on Tuesday and would like to show them there. So my book is finally finished now!!!!!... Unfortunately, I have no one to proofread it, so there might be some mistakes... hopefully not... I went to bed about 5am Thursday morning working on the book. I also ordered 5 copies of my book online at www.lulu.com. Hey what the heck,
I am an author!!! ......



=============================
=============================

Day 799 {Am I Being Watched?}
Thursday, May 27, 2010

Went to play football in the night at the college, then went to a restaurant to have dinner with a couple of the ALTs... The guy who just came back with his wife to be, invited a select few of us to have dinner with them. I was a bit late though because of playing football. I some how get this very strange feeling that I'm being watched since recently, when I am playing football at the college. I could just be paranoid however...





============================
============================
Day 800 {}
Friday, May 28, 2010

Went to work, then to karate, then to football at the college, then to the Friday night English conversations, then straight to my bed... Tiring day but I like this.

===========================
===========================
Day 801 {}
Saturday, May 29, 2010

Stayed in all day mostly updating my blog and talking on skype to one of my friends. The Jehovah Witnesses people visited me again today, and I actually sat and spoke with them for about 15 minutes. They invited me to their hall but I told them I'm not sure when, if ever I will visit them again. I forgot to invite them to my church.

I also ordered Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 finally... This is probably going to be the last game I will be ordering for a long time....



============================
Thanks for the corrections Richard...
At the Tokyo thing, the Jamaica Tourist Board and the Jamaican Embassy in Japan had a booth there... But outside of that, no, there was no form of representation from the Jamaican government...

2 comments:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

3rd Paragraph Dave - Day 796, you have "sued in the U.S." instead of "sent to the U.S.". He's to be put on trial for the charges you outlined...not sued.

The girls dem a watch you Dave - lol

It's good the at least the Jamaica Tourist Board is there.

Stewy said...

If you want help I can assist in the proof reading dave. You already have ma contact details