A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Days 865 - 871, Sunday, August 1 - Saturday, August 7, 2010

Days 865 - 871,
Sunday, August 1 - Saturday, August 7, 2010


Day 865 { Virginia Day 3 / Speaking at Church }
Sunday, August 1, 2010

Spoke at a church in Virginia name Park view Baptist for about 30 mins. I never knew I would be able to speak that long after not doing anything like this for a long time. I mentioned about my experience in Japan and also did 2 Poems from my book. I got 5 books sold there. Here is a video of the poem I did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzH17RoYWws

After church, a couple of us ate out at a Mexican restaurant where I met 2 fellow Call of duty Modern Warfare 2 addicts. The food there was great. While coming back from the restaurant, I managed to get my Latvian friend to read some of my poems in Jamaican dialect.... It was quite funny... I also got her to say a few of the Jamaican dialect words..

Here is a video of it ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFG7vmTKIRU

Me and my host family then went to a small party in the night, where I met some more people... We played this sort of sand bag toss game where we should try to throw some sand bags into a hole.




























==================================
==================================
Day 866 { Virginia Day 4 }
Monday, August 2, 2010

Went to a Sports camp at a church and did one of my poems again. The people seemed to like it... Today I was in charge of teaching the kids how to play cricket. It was fun but very tiring.

In the evening, I ate dinner with my host family then played a dance game on the Nintendo wii with them.

===================================
===================================
Day 867 { Virginia Day 5 }
Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Did sports camp again and this time I was in charge of devotion for 7 different groups. I however ended up speaking mostly about my experience as a Jamaican in rural Japan.

The man who is in charge of running the sports camps also brought 4 of us to a camping area in Virginia name East Over. I visited this area 5 years ago as well.

I did 2 of my poems there, advertised my book and spoke to some guys about my experience as a Jamaican living in rural Japan. I then taught them how to play cricket.

After this I went into the pool that was there...

We eventually went back and I got back at my host family's house at around 7:30 pm.















=====================================
=====================================
Day 868 { Virginia Day 6 }
Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Went to sports camp and this time I was in charge of one of the groups along with this very talkative guy. Then 4 of us again went along with the sports coordinator to the East over camp. I did a couple of my poems again, then I went into the pool.















=======================================
=======================================
Day 869 { Virginia Day 7 }
Thursday, August 5, 2010

Today I was in charge of football (soccer) at the sports camp. I saw some guys doing it earlier this week and thought that it seemed like fun... However, when I tried, it was a whole lot of work...Especially because different age group of kids were coming for 20 min intervals, to learn football (soccer). I had especially a hard time with the 4 and 5 year old kids...

3 of us then went to the East over camp. I did my poetry there again then we went into the pool. I like going in pools but unfortunately, I can't swim. I can't quite get the breathing technique properly. Here is a video of me doing my poetry there......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh1rbgkxl74

While coming from East over, there was heavy rain pouring down every now and again. While taking a shower, there was a power outage. I eventually quickly got dressed then sat and chatted with my host family for a little.

=======================================
=======================================
Day 870 { Virginia Day 8 / Zombie Tag}
Friday, August 6, 2010

Because of the power outage yesterday, the guy who normally take me to the sports camp in the mornings, slept somewhere else where. So this morning, I had no one to take me to the sports camp. My host mother had to call her daughter's boyfriend, who picked me up.

I stayed with the same group that I did on Wednesday, along with the same talkative guy. Today will be my last sports camp on this trip, because I head to Jamaica, starting Sunday night but the actual flight home will be Monday morning. This trip I plan to surprise my mom and sis.

In the night, they had this thing known as a "lock in", at the church I spoke at on Sunday. We played some games, had some discussions and watch some movies.

There were about 30 of us there, and one of the interesting games we played was with nerf guns. They call it zombie tag. In this game, there will be a team of humans who have the nerf guns, against a team of zombies who have some long sponge/styrofoam things. If the humans get hit with the sponge/styrofoam thing, they are out of the game. But if the zombies get shot with the nerf gun, they can re-spawn indefinitely. This game was reallly fun.

We stayed in the church until the following morning.




























========================================
========================================

Day 871 { Virginia Day 9 }

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Slept in for most of the day because of the all night lock in thing. Then went out to change the wired PS3 ear piece that I bought at Best buy in New York, to a PS3 blue tooth head set. I thought it would have been a problem but it was really easy. I also wanted to change my laptop battery but they places I went to didn't have my type of battery.

Started packing for my trip to Jamaica. My sister is already getting curious because she saw the pictures I posted on facebook. But even if they find out that I am coming, they don't know when...

No comments: