A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, August 23, 2010

Days 879 - 885, Sunday, August 15 - Saturday, August 21, 2010


Days 879 - 885,
Sunday, August 15 - Saturday, August 21, 2010


Day 879 { Jamaica 7 / Second Chance }
Sunday, August 15, 2010

Went to church and performed a poem "mek wi build up di nation"....I brought 5 of my books
there and they were all sold off in no time, with people still wanting. I didn't expect this response at all.

In the evening, I went to the pantry play house to watch a play called "Second Chance"along with some of my friends from university.... It was ok, got a few laughs from it...















The picture above is a popular food in Jamaica, boiled green banana.
=================================
=================================

Day 880 { Jamaica 8 / Expandables }
Monday, August 16, 2010

Stayed in all day then watched the movie expandables along with my good friend Melissa. It was a good enough movie, lots of guns and explosions and testosterone packed fun.

















============================================
============================================

Day 881 { Jamaica 9 / Former Work Place }
Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Went to my old work place, The Garmex HEART Academy and spoke to some of my former Co-workers. I also did a presentation on my experience in Japan and taught some students basic Japanese.


The picture displayed below is this food we have in Jamaica called Bulla. It is sort of sweet and has a relatively hard texture. We eat it with avocado pear.












===========================================
===========================================
Day 882 { Jamaica 10 / Scotchies with Japanese }
Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Met up with one of my friends who I know for over 15 years now... He is now the main chef for a hotel in Kingston Jamaica...
Went to a jerk restaurant name scotchies, along with the Japanese persons who I met at the Japanese Embassy last week. One of the girls there is married to a Japanese man who she met in Jamaica. We had a wonderful time there and ate jerk chicken, Jerk pork, pork sausage, festival, sweet potato and a whole bunch of tasty Jamaican food.

The food below is known as festival. It is made from flour, corn meal and sugar. Flour is hardly used if ever at all, in Japan.



















===========================
===========================
Day 883 { Jamaica 11 }

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Was supposed to visit some friends today but I was too tired, so I stayed in all day and played Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

The food displayed is stewed chicken. One of my favourites. That other thing is what we call sweet sop, but is known as sugar apple outside of Jamaica.


















Day 884 { Jamaica 12 / Church Friends Link }
(1 Year 5 Months)
Friday, August 20, 2010

Went to meet up with another old friend today in New Kingston. Spoke for a while with she and her husband.

Met up with some other friends at the Mona Baptist Church hall today. They made me read some of the love poems from my book and talk about my experiences in Japan. We ate, laughed and had a good time.... This kind of thing I don't have at all in Japan.... I love my friends, and we all value this kind of friendship and love for each other.

















Here is a video of the poem I did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7PHsdV7Sos

================================================
================================================

Day 885 { Jamaica 13 }
Saturday, August 21, 2010

My mom went to the funeral of one of her many cousins. He died of cancer. One of my friends visited me, then I went to Scotchies (The Jerk Restaurant) again. This time with my friends from university. We again reminisced on old times back at university and spoke about life in Jamaica now. If I could land myself a good job here, I would return instantly. I feel very happy here.

No comments: