A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Days 900 - 906 Sunday, September 5, 2010 - September 11, 2010

Days 900 - 906
Sunday, September 5, 2010 - September 11, 2010


Day 900
Sunday, September 5, 2010

Basically stayed in for most of the day.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Day 901 { September 11 Concert Meeting }
Monday, September 6, 2010

After work, I met one of my friends who live in Okayama city. She had a meeting in Niimi so we had dinner at a nearby restaurant. Shortly after this, the Tuesday English conversation coordinator came along with another lady. They are a part of an international committee that plans a concert for September 11 every year for the past 3 years. Last year I performed 2 of my poems in Japanese and English. This year they asked me to read a peace message at the end of the concert. So I am planning to use a poem from my book (Page 21).

Both the Tuesday English conversation organiser and the other lady left because they had a meeting that I too was to be a part of. But I stayed and spoke to my friend for a little while longer, then I headed out to the meeting. At the meeting, I read the poem and the Tuesday English coordinator translated for me. The persons there seemed to like the message.

Afterwards, I went to bible study.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Day 902 { Typhoon Change Course }
Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A typhoon was supposed to pass very near to us today, but I think it changed its course. Discussed with a friend today at a coffee shop about when to collect the returns as well as outstanding books at the book stores.

This book venture wasn't a profitable one in terms of monetary returns, but I am happy I did it.



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Day 903
Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nothing much happened today.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Day 904 { Snake At School}
Thursday, September 9, 2010

I had no classes today, because the kids and teachers were preparing for Sports Day which will be this coming Sunday. At the sports day practise, I saw a very small snake caught a baby frog. I told a teacher and he used a stick to chase away the snake, that eventually dropped the frog from its mouth. Lucky frog. The snake wasn't poisonous.

Played football today, the first time since July 15, almost 2 months..... Surprisingly, I didn't get tired too early. I managed to score 3 goals while warming up with my team, then 2 goals on the opposing team.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Day 905
Friday, September 10, 2010

Went to karate, then to Friday English conversations. The push ups at karate made my arms sore afterwards.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Day 906 { September 11 Concert 2010 }
Saturday, September 11, 2010

Went to the September 11 concert rehearsal, but I missed rehearsing the reading of my message because I was having a late lunch.

Afterwards I went to one of the local bars in the night with a couple of the ALTs around. I wasn't planning to go but I did. It was fun for a while but then it turned out extremely terrible for me afterwards. When will I learn?

3 comments:

Pëbblës said...

Why did it turn out terrible?

Pëbblës said...

Why did it turn out terrible?

Pëbblës said...

why was it terrible Dave?