A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Days 970 - 976 Sunday, November 14, 2010 - Saturday, November 20, 2010

Days 970 - 976
Sunday, November 14, 2010 - Saturday, November 20, 2010


Day 970 ( Drinking with the Orthodontist and friends )
Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Donna and Danielle although I doubt any of you read this blog.

Went to Okayama city today to meet my orthodontist, one of his assistants and her friend. We spoke, ate and drank for a while. They were surprised that I could speak some amount of Japanese. My orthodontist is actually half Mexican/Half Japanese. His mother is Japanese and father is Mexican.

We had fun there and I made a small ustream video with my iphone. Here it is http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10853688

I ended up sleeping at an internet cafe in Okayama city for the night because it was too late to head back to Niimi.

*************************************
*************************************

Day 971 ( More Testing of Ustream )

Monday, November 15, 2010

I had to catch a 5:20 am train this morning to head back to Niimi. I then drove back to my apartment, got a 30 mins nap then head for work.

After work today, one of my most recent Japanese friends, gave me a Japanese story book to help me study more Japanese. I think the title means something like 1 million times rebirth or resurrection of a cat.

I went to bible study then afterwards tried out this ustream thing again while talking to my friend online... here is the video.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10878246







***************************************
***************************************
Day 972 ( Japanese event in Jamaica / Blue Belt in Karate )
Tuesday, November 16, 2010

There was a Japanese event in Jamaica between Saturday and Sunday. My Japanese friend who lives in rural Jamaica took some pictures of the event.
















Today I received my blue belt in Karate.... Yaaaay me :) It was hard work but I did it, I skipped the orange belt with the kata that I performed. My friend Chris got an orange belt, by skipping the yellow belt with his kata.
















I also made a ustream video after I received the blue belt http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10892594

*********************************
********************************

Day 973
(Water Shortage)
Wednesday, November 17, 2010

For the first time in over 2 years living in Japan, there was water shortage at my school today. There was little or no water in the pipes until it was about 3:00 pm.

After work, I assisted my Japanese friend who works at the city office to properly translate a policy document for JET ALTS. We then had dinner with his wife at a nearby restaurant.

***************************
***************************

Day 974 (None stop crying grade 6 kid / Need new Tires)
Thursday, November 18, 2010

Took a pre-graduation photo with the grade 5 students at the school I went to today. There was this one girl who was crying like crazy for some unknown reason and she didn't want to go in the photo. She had us the teachers and her classmates waiting on her for over 30 mins and she still would not budge. She kept crying none stop. The principal, vice principal and her classroom teacher were trying to convince her to come, but that didn't work. They tried lifting her and forcing her, but that didn't work either. They had to call her mom and even that didn't work. So we had to take the graduation photo without her. Even now, nobody can tell why she was crying....



Filled my car tank today as well as washed it. They told me that I desperately need new snow tires, because the ones I have now are neither good for snow nor even rain for that matter. But snow tires for my car is expensive. And I just recently paid over 70,000 yen (around US $690) for my car inspection. I can't get to save a dime in this country.

*********************************
*********************************

Day 975 ( Black Ops / Darts )

Friday, November 19, 2010

Today I forgot my wallet in my apartment. So I drove to work without my driver's licence and without money. If I got stopped by the police, I would be in biig trouble. I was also lucky that I didn't have anything to pay for.

Received the much anticipated game, call of duty black ops today after work.

I then went to karate after work, then to the Friday English conversation thing to show them my blue belt from karate. Then of course to the darts bar. They now have a foreigner display board in the darts bar.






























****************************
****************************
Day 976 ( 2 Years 8 Months / Avatar again )
Saturday, November 20, 2010

Had lunch with an ALT and a Japanese friend of mine at a nearby restaurant today. Then they came to my apartment to watch Avatar on DVD. We also watched a couple youtube videos and I showed them some pictures of my travels to Panama, Brazil, Bahamas etc...

No comments: