A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Days 977 - 983 Sunday, November 21, 2010 - Saturday, November 27, 2010

Days 977 - 983
Sunday, November 21, 2010 - Saturday, November 27, 2010


Day 977
Sunday, November 21, 2010


Stayed in all day, but spoke to my friend in Jamaica for about 5 hours on skype.


************************************
************************************
Day 978
Monday, November 22, 2010

Went to bible study in the night after work.


************************************
************************************
Day 979
Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Another Japanese holiday today, so I had lunch with my friend nearby my apartment then we took some purikora (Japanese style colourful) pictures along with her friend.






















*********************************
*********************************
Day 980 ( North and South exchange fire )
Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Did absolutely nothing except go to work.



North Korea fired dozens of rounds of artillery onto a South Korean island near the tense western sea border on Tuesday, killing two South Korean soldiers and warning of further strikes, the South Korean military said.
The artillery shells, fired from positions in North Korea, started falling on Yeonpyeong island and surrounding waters around 2:34 p.m., said Col. Lee Bung Woo, spokesman for the South's Joint Chiefs of Staff.
South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff estimated that some 100 shells landed on and near Yeonpyeong island, which lies about 3 kilometers south of the Yellow Sea border, until 4:42 p.m., according to the South's Yonhap News Agency.
The South responded with about 80 rounds. Lt. Gen. Lee Hong Ki, who in charge of military operation at the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the North was expected to have suffered "extensive damage" as a result of the South's fire.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20101124a1.html


**********************************
**********************************
Day 981 ( My New Online Shop - Rakuten )
Thursday, November 25, 2010

I was searching online for snow tires on Sunday because my car mechanic says the cheapest they can get my size snow tires for was at 60,000 yen ( US $600 )... I was like hells no. So I was going to get some on Amazon.co.jp but I would have to use my credit card, which I refuse to use. So while searching, I happened upon this site called rakuten...

http://en.item.rakuten.com/

A very convenient online store in Japan that does cash on delivery. I got my tires there for only 32,000 yen ( US$320 ). I also bought 2 coats and some other stuff. All of them got delivered today.






************************************
************************************
Day 982 (Dinner with my Japanese friends)
Friday, November 26, 2010

After work, I met briefly with one of my friends then went to dinner afterwards at a Korean restaurant in Niimi.

I then went to darts shortly afterwards.
















**************************************
**************************************
Day 983
Saturday, November 27, 2010

Watched an ALT do his presentation on Canada for the second time which was fine, but I missed another ALTs presentation on latin dance. I got there a bit late because I forgot exactly where the library was and because I was spinning in my apartment doing nothing.

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Good price for tyres Dave...you must can plat Darts good by now.