A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Days 984 - 990 Sunday, November 28, 2010 - Saturday, December 4, 2010

Days 984 - 990
Sunday, November 28, 2010 - Saturday, December 4, 2010


Day 984 (Hike and Mochi rice)
Sunday, November 28, 2010

Woke up at about 5:20am this morning and caught a train to go to Okayama City.


I was supposed to meet a group of persons at a certain time but I was uncertain of the exact location.


While searching for the place, I saw some guys in a car and they shouted something at me, I didn't quite hear what they said nor did I understand it.



After I finally found where to go, I saw the guys in the car again and they shouted something again.


I still didn't quite hear what they said but I am guessing it is some sort of racial remark. Anyway I was about 15 minutes late because of me not knowing exactly where to go, so I apologised.



We then went to a place called Shinjo in Okayama to watch the people make some sort of rice cake thing.


I have seen it before but it was interesting to see it again. They even gave me a wack at it. I only lasted like 2 minutes though and I gave up. My arms were in pain. This is what it looks like..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wIS8aWeD5s

We then went to the mountains in this very very cold area. Hail started to fall for a little while and it was foggy and super cold.


We then went to eat at a little cottage like place then headed out again.


This time I fell asleep in the bus and didn't go up the next mountain at all. My friend's mom then offered to take me back to Niimi via her very small car. So I took the offer.

*******************************
*******************************

Day 985
Monday, November 29, 2010

Went to bible study after work. We spoke a little about Christmas.





******************************
******************************

Day 986
Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Watched a presentation done by one of the ALTs here from Minesotta, USA.

******************************
******************************

Day 987 ( Yaki Tori )
Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Japanese friend in Jamaica, Chiyoko ( 千代子 ).

Went to a restaurant in the night with my friend and her brother to have yaki tori. This is like grilled chicken and it is one of my favourite dishes in Japan. It was delicious and I was quite full afterwards.

*******************************
*******************************

Day 988 (I dont really like this coat)
Thursday, December 2, 2010

Got another coat from rakuten. I don't really like this one because of that biig zipper on the side. So I feel like I wasted US$ 20.


**************************************
**************************************

Day 989 (New Darts and T-Shirts)
Friday, December 3, 2010

I went to my car dealer to pay the second instalment on my car check up thing (Shaken). I then went to karate, did some hard exercises there, then to the darts bar.



I bought a set of new darts tonight. We also got some new shirts for a darts competition coming up next week Sunday (December 12, 2010)

And as usual, we did some crazy stuff. Here are 2 videos of some of what we did....

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11228248

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11228399


****************************
****************************

Day 990 (No Credit Card Again)
Saturday, December 4, 2010

Visited my orthodontist again and now I'm also wearing invisalign which feels quite uncomfortable on my bottom row teeth. Why did I even bother to do this thing again? Anyway, after the visit I went to Bic camera to buy a 40 inch screen TV. I wanted to do a payment plan thing but I realized that they don't do this kind of thing in Japan unless you use a credit card.



The thing is that I didn't have my credit card with me. But the store attendant guy really wanted to sell me the TV so he said I could sign up for a special credit card right there and it would take 1 hour. However, I wanted to catch the train at a certain time to get back to a Christmas concert.

Anyway I decided to miss that train because I wanted to get the TV. I ended up filling out this Japanese form for about 2 hours, missed another train and still had to wait on some sort of fax. I waited and waited and when the fax finally came, they told me I couldn't get the credit card. I was so angry but didn't know how to express it in Japanese. The store clerk guy apologised like a million times but it still didn't help. I ended up having to take a more expensive express train back to Niimi. I had to then call an ALT to pick me up at the station to take me back to where my car was. Then I got a call that some more coats were to come to my apartment but I wasnt there.
So I had to wait a bit on the coats then headed to the Christmas concert. I got there about 15 minutes late.

After the Christmas concert, I went to the darts bar for a little while but I was exhausted so I left there early. The guy in the picture is the number 1 darts player in the prefecture. I am going to limit my self going to the darts bar now because there is too much smoking. I think its messing with my breathing.


***********************
*************************

Yeah Richard the picture with the 2 tall dudes, they are actually that tall. One is 6ft 3 and the other is around 6ft 5in. I can play darts only a little. I am not consistent at all. With the football ting, I don't know why mi end up a kick down di man dem, especially afta mi lose di ball.

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave - how the Japanese class going...long time mi nuh hear you talk about it