A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Days 991 - 997 Sunday, December 5, 2010 - Saturday, December 11, 2010

Days 991 - 997
Sunday, December 5, 2010 - Saturday, December 11, 2010


Day 991 ( Gakushu Hap pyoukai )
Sunday, December 5, 2010

Went to the musical and drama thing at my main school today known as happ youkai. This takes place every year around this time at the elementary schools all over Japan. This is the next main even after the sports day thing which was in September. Every single student have to participate in it, whether sick or not. Here is a video I took of one of the performances ...........
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11258067

After the competition I went again to check out the prices of 40 inch TVs in 2 stores in my area
with a friend of mine. At one store, they were too expensive, and at the other store, they didn't have them in stock.

After this I rushed to a restaurant to have dinner with a few teachers from my main school.

************************************************ ************************************************

Day 992
Monday, December 6, 2010

Got a day off today because of work yesterday. I spent over 5 hours on skype again speaking to a friend in Jamaica. Had to deliver some bad news to a Japanese friend of mine today but life goes on :(

Went to bible study in the night.
************************************************ ************************************************

Day 993
Tuesday, December 7, 2010

After work, I watched episodes 10 and 11 of Dexter season 5 and they were both immensely interesting. My Japanese friend gave me 2 presents today from Kobe.

***************************************
***************************************

Day 994 ( Health Report )
Wednesday, December 8, 2010

After work today I was a bit bored so I played a bit of Modern Warfare 2. I then decided to find out what my health report that I received from the Japanese clinic almost 3 months ago, actually says. I sent the information to my Japanese friend who speaks very good English, and she says I am healthy except for 2 things:

1) I have some sort of irregular heart beat thing going on. Going too fast at times. I do realize that this happens quite a few times.

2) Some strange thing with my blood that can cause me to get cuts and bruises easily. This however I don't know about.

Thanks Noami for the translation

************************************** ****
**********************************


Day 995 (No Good Mornings / Snow starts)
Thursday, December 9, 2010

I had it in my mind to blog about this issue I noticed for some time now but always seem to forget. I noticed that at 2 of my schools, a few teachers sometimes never tell me good morning when they say me. However, if another Japanese person comes there after me, they will tell them good morning. I also remember at least 2 times where I entered a school and said good morning to everyone and the principal didn't answer me. A vice principal did the same thing once as well . I am not sure why. I find this very strange from good mannered Japanese people. I know at least 2-3 teachers who will not say a word to me unless I am teaching their class on that day.

Anyway, it started snowing today and the place was ridiculously cold. It didn't snow too much nor for too long but it snowed. So tomorrow I will put on my snow tires.

Played football today after a 3 weeks break. The normal opposing team didn't come today so we played against each other 4 on 3. I was on the team with 3 members but I ended up scoring about 10 goals. It was fun as usual.

**********************************
**********************************

Day 996 ( PS3 Super Computer )
Friday, December 10, 2010

Changed my tires after work today then went to the last karate practise for 2010. It was so cold inside of the gym. Afterwards I went briefly to the darts bar.



The U.S. Air Force has revealed a supercomputer built from hundreds of Sony PlayStation 3 game consoles, transforming a machine made to play video games into one suitable for military tasks.

The Condor Supercomputer was unveiled at a ribbon-cutting ceremony held at the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory in Rome, N.Y., where the machine is being used for a variety of computing-intensive tasks related to high-definition imagery and artificial intelligence.

The machine is the U.S. Department of Defense's largest interactive supercomputer, capable of processing speeds 50,000 times faster than an average consumer laptop. It is powered by a combination of commercially available graphics cards and the Cell Broadband Engine, a computer chip created by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Toshiba Corp. and IBM Corp., to serve as the heart of the PlayStation 3 gaming system.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20101210a3.html


Day 997 ( Karate Drinking Party )
Saturday, December11, 2010

Stayed in for most of the day today then went to a karate drinking party in the night. This oldish guy in the pic is drunk and when he is like this I try to stay as far away from him as possible.





























A recent friend of mine decided to draw a picture of me from a photo and this is what it looks like. Well I think the drawing is beautiful but don't think it actually looks like me. It looks waaay better than when the kids at school try to draw me though..



1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

LOL - picture look close Dave - lol