A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Days 998 - 1004 Sunday, Sunday, December 12, 2010 - Saturday, December 18, 2010


Days 998 - 1004
Sunday, December 12, 2010 - Saturday, December 18, 2010



Day 998 ( Darts Competition )
Sunday, December 12, 2010

Woke up at about 6:50 am and hurried to pick up a friend of mine for us to head for the darts bar. I parked my car there, got my darts and headed out with a Japanese guy and the other 3 ALTS for the darts competition in a prefecture nearby known as Tottori. I got to the darts bar a little late but we got to the competition area relatively early to do registration etc.

There were several other darts players at the competition area coming from nearby prefectures. All of the darts competitors are assigned to a specific darts club or bar. From our darts bar (QP Darts house) in Niimi, about 20 of us were participating. They split us all into teams of two so sometimes we end up playing against people from our darts bar. It so happened that my team had to play against teams with only girls. The first team we played was actually a team from our same darts bar.

In each match, we would play 3 games and the team that win 2 games, wins that match. Again, my team got only girls to play against and the first team we played against was 2 girls from our darts bar. In that first match, we won the very first game with me finishing the match but we lost the other 2 games. The next match we played we also lost against some other girls. Then finally the third match we won, with me finishing the game again. My team mate was totally off target today. We also played a fourth match against some ladies from our darts bar again and we lost. What a sad day for my team. Somehow they still put us in the second round where we played against a team with a male and a female. That team defeated us quite convincingly. All the teams from our darts bar ended up losing in the second round, except for the first set of girls who my team played against. They got defeated by the very same team with the male and female that defeated my team convincingly. Their match however (which was in the third round) was a little closer and the girls ended up crying after they got defeated.

Overall it was a really fun day although the matches were quite nerve racking. This is a video I took at the darts competition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWVQQ440UDU


*************************************
*************************************


Day 999 ( )
Monday, December 13, 2010

Rain fell all day today. Went to Bible study in the night but I was falling asleep, tired since the darts thing yesterday.


***************************************
***************************************

DAY 1000 { 1 thousandth Day In Japan / Jamaican Found Cure for Prostate Cancer }
Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Can you believe it ? My 1000th day living in Japan. So far, I have visited:



The USA 6 times

Jamaica 3 times

South Korea 2 times

Bahamas 1 time

Germany 1 time

Philippines 1 time

If you follow my blog, you would realize that it has been quite a roller coaster ride for me. My mom, family, relatives and some friends want me to come home, but I am not quite ready yet. Others have suggested that I stay here because the job situation in Jamaica isn't the best right now.

Today all I did after work was watch the very final episode of Dexter. It wasn't quite as intriguing as the final episode of last season.


So apparently a Jamaican scientist found the cure for prostate cancer. I couldn't help but wonder why this isn't all over the internet and in international news etc. But when there was the up roar in Jamaica earlier this year the internet was flooded with information.. but thats the media I guess...
-

JAMAICAN scientist Dr Henry Lowe last night threw a lifeline to men worldwide when he announced that he had developed a formula that can reduce and eliminate prostate cancer, the number one cause of cancer deaths among males.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Prostate-cancer-breakthrough_8208575

****************************************
****************************************

Day 1001 ( Tap Tap Revenge 3)
Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A little snow fell today. Stayed in after work and played a bit of Modern warfare 2 as well as this game on the iphone that my friends in Jamaica recommended to me name Tap Tap revenge 3. It is quite addictive.

*****************************************
*****************************************

Day 1002 ( Lion's Club Christmas Dinner )

Thursday, December 16, 2010

A teacher from the school I went to today gave me 2 tickets to use the lift at the ski place in my town. So I am planning to go skiing again next year.

The lion's club in my area had their yearly Christmas dinner today and they invited all the ALTs in Niimi. The members of the Lion's club in Niimi seem to be all rich, old, Japanese men. We had a good time there and the food was delicious.

*******************************************
*******************************************

Day 1003 ( )
Friday, December 17, 2010

A couple of my Japanese friends invited me to dinner tonight at a new Italian restaurant in the area. This is the second time I am going to this restaurant. the food was pretty good and relatively cheap. Afterwards I went to the darts bar as per usual on a Friday night.

*********************************************
*********************************************

Day 1004
Saturday, December 18, 2010

Stayed in all day today. All I did was my laundry, played Modern Warfare 2, watched Japanese Animation and created a DVD for the darts bar owner.

This is the Christmas lighting at Niimi station front.

No comments: