A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jamrock Jamaican Restaurant / Visiting Tokyo

Days 1026 - 1032
Sunday, January 9, 2011 - Saturday, January 15 , 2011



Day 1026
Sunday, January 9, 2011

Did absolutely nothing today except washed and watch anime.

***********************
***********************

Day 1027 ( Coming of age / Darts Improvement )
Monday, January 10, 2011

Today was a public holiday in Japan, where all those who turned 20 are now considered adults and can drink alcohol freely.

The darts bar owner had a time slot called "happy hour" where we pay only 1000 yen and play for about 2-3 hours today. Normally one game would be 100 yen or 200 yen for some games. So 3 of us went there and stayed from about 2:30pm until about 6pm. There will be another competition coming up at the end of this month. Today I changed my stance in darts and for the first time, I hit 3 bulls eye in a row. After I did that, I continued with that stance and I demolished my friends in the next 3 games I played... WOW!!

I also watched a dance movie, step up 2. The story line and the acting was horrible but the dance moves were fantastic...

***********************
***********************

Day 1028 { Back to work }
Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First day of work for 2011. It is always hard to go back to work after a long holiday, but I only had two classes today and they went pretty well.

In the evening, I watched my Japanese friend do a presentation on her visits to Australia, Canada and the US.
***********************
***********************

Day 1029 { Dinner with Friends }
Wednesday, January 12, 2011

While going to work this morning, there was snow and ice on the road. All the schools I go to, I have to drive up and down mountains. A car got stuck this morning on a slope and it held up some traffic for a bit. I felt my car sliding a little while I was driving up the mountain on the icy slope.

In the evening, I had dinner with some Japanese friends.

***********************
***********************

Day 1030
Thursday, January 13, 2011

Another car had to pull over on the side of the road today because of the ice on the slope to go to my schools. Lord help mi. My car again was sliding a little bit while going up the hill. I am going to start using the 4WD everyday from now on.

Went to football in the evening after about 1 month break. It was good after not playing for so long.

***********************
***********************

Day 1031 { Heading for Tokyo again }
Friday, January 14, 2011

I decided to make another trip to Tokyo today. What can I say, I really like it there.

My friend helped me to pay for a bus ticket at a convenient store today, because I am not sure how to operate the ATM terminal device just yet with all the Japanese. I then took a train to Okayama then a night bus to Tokyo.


***********************
***********************

Day 1032 { Back In Tokyo }
Saturday, January 15, 2011

Got to Tokyo again at around 6:45 am and as usual it was cold. Met up with a friend of mine and we had breakfast. I ended up buying 2 Ps3 games at a store name bookoff. I bought vanquish and another name bayonetta. I then introduced my friend to darts in an area of Tokyo name Takada no baba. The darts was a little different from the one in Niimi but it was still fun.

We then went to a Jamaican restaurant in Harajuku, Tokyo name JAMROCK Cafe in the evening. I ate oxtail, rice and peas and plantain. My friend ate jerk chicken, festival and some other stuff. It was good eating Jamaican food again.

No comments: