A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Days 1033 - 1039 Sunday, January 16, 2011 - Saturday, January 22 , 2011

Days 1033 - 1039 Sunday, January 16, 2011 - Saturday, January 22 , 2011

Day 1033 { Snow snow snow}

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Took Shinkansen from Tokyo to Okayama city. It was delayed by about 45 minutes because of the amount of snow falling in certain areas. The other train from Okayama to Niimi was also delayed but only by about 10 minutes. When I picked up my car, it was filled with ice and snow. It took me a couple of minutes to chip off the ice and get rid of the snow off it.

I was online chatting for a short while with my friend from Kochi, when she said she felt a small earthquake. Another friend in Niimi also said he felt a small tremor as well. I can't recall felling any form of tremor or anything like that while living in Japan.

**********************************************
**********************************************
Day 1034

Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Birthday to you Miho :)

Went work in lots of snow. It was scary, so I called my school and told them I will be a bit late.


After work, I called my Landlord to tell him that 2 lights in my apartment were not working properly. I can't be paying all this money for rent and everything is not in fine condition. He eventually came to check it out and said he will change them on Wednesday.

Tried again to hack my PSP but didn't work.


**********************************************
**********************************************



Day 1035

Tuesday, January 18, 2011
There was a bit of snow on the road while going to work today, but nothing like yesterday.

While at work, I got a call from the Yokohoma branch of my company, offering me a position to work there starting April. I instantly started thinking if I should stay another year in Niimi or go to the city for my possible final year in Japan. It is a possible final year because my visa expires on March 20, 2012 and there is no guarantee that it will be renewed.

Still trying to hack my PSP but not working. I read on the internet that I should repeat a certain process several time... I did that but it still won't hack...


**********************************************
**********************************************

Day 1036 {Jamaicans 3rd coolest in the world}

Wednesday, January 19, 2011


Went to an Italian restaurant that is pretty close to my apartment, to meet an old friend of mine. We chatted for a bit, ate and then we went our separate ways.

My landlord seemed to have forgotten his little promise to come and fix the bulb in my apartment.



Jamaica is ranked number 3 as the coolest nationalities in the world... Singapore and Brazil beat us... Japan was ranked number 7.

3. Jamaicans

Dustin Brown, Jamaicans
Just don't call him "mon" and you'll be cool.

There's more to Jamaicans than reggae, including Rastafarian (the most kick-back religion ever invented), an accent that’s the envy of the English-speaking world and the planet’s most distinctive and recognizable hairstyle. Note to backpackers: dreadlocks only cool on actual Jamaicans.

Icon of cool: Jimmy Cliff. The “Harder They Come" singer is still bringing it at 62.

Not so cool: High murder rate and widespread homophobia.

2. Singaporeans

Singaporeans
Finally, something worth Tweeting about, la?

Think about it: in this digital age where blogging and updating Facebook are pretty much all that anyone does anymore, old school notions of cool have been rebooted. No longer the laughingstock, geeks are now inheriting the Earth.

With its absurdly computer-literate population, Singapore is geek central and its people can therefore claim their rightful place as avatars of modern cool. They’re probably all Tweeting about it right now.

Icon of cool: Lim Ding Wen. This child prodigy could program in six computer languages at age nine. A glorious future awaits.

Not so cool: With everyone stuck at their computers, the local government actually has to encourage Singaporeans to have sex.


Read more: The world's coolest nationalities: Where do you rank? | CNNGo.com #1 http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/12-coolest-nationalities-earth-050844?page=0,1#ixzz1Bq6EF4QC



http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/12-coolest-nationalities-earth-050844?page=0,1

**********************************************
**********************************************

Day 1037

Thursday, January 20, 2011


Went to my car dealer after work to check out the price of a car part for my friend in Jamaica. A front right strut mount. My mechanic said the cost was about 3200 yen which would be the same as 3200 Jamaican dollars approximately. Not sure how to ship this back to Jamaica though.

Went to play football but the gym was closed. No on said a word to me. Later I called my English friend and he said they went but only about 4 of them were there so they didn't bother staying. I think the main reason is because of the blistering cold. The temperature recently has been at almost a constant -1 degrees Celsius except in the afternoon hours when it is about 5 degrees Celsius.


**********************************************
**********************************************

Day 1038

Friday, January 21, 2011

Went to the car dealer again after work and they gave me a paper with a picture of the car part. They said they are not sure if it can be sent by post but I plan to ask the post office people next week.

Karate started back today but I skipped out because I know the gym was going to be really cold.
**********************************************
**********************************************

Day 1039 {Snow kill 45 so far}

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Finally started playing one of the games I bought last week, Bayonetta. The action stuff in it is nice but I really really don't like the story line at all.

Went to play darts in the night. A short Japanese girl won me three times consecutively in one of the darts games name count up.... Just throw the darts to see who can get the most points in 8 rounds. I then teamed up with my English friend and she teamed up with another lady and we won them 2-1 in a very very close match up. I then played a match against the girl again.. this time it was count down, who can get to 0 from 301 the fastest. I finally won her in that match.


Snow deaths at 45 so far this winter: agency

This winter has so far seen 45 snow-related deaths, a pace similar to the 2005-2006 season when the second-highest postwar toll was logged, a government agency said Friday.


The government urged caution as people aged 65 and above account for 60 percent of the deaths, which occurred in 11 prefectures between Nov. 1 and Wednesday, according to the Fire Disaster Management Agency.

Of the total, 27 people died of accidents while removing snow, including those falling while shoveling snow from rooftops, nine were buried under accumulated snow and avalanches claimed a further six.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20110122a5.html

No comments: