A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Japanese Insurance / Japan Wins Asia Cup 2011 / Volcano Erupting

Days 1040 - 1046 Sunday, January 23, 2011 - Saturday, January 29 , 2011


Day 1040 {Japanese Insurance}

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Went to church first time for 2011. I was urged at church to sort out my Japanese insurance thing if I want to stay here for a long time. What my company did when I got here, well even before I got here, was to give us this international insurance thing......With this insurance, we pay about 6000 yen per month. But if we go to the doctor we have to pay the full fee then make a claim back for the money, which will be sent to your credit card.

However, a rule has passed now in Japan that if we are living here, we have to use the Japanese national insurance scheme. The problem is not that this thing is 30,000 yen a month, the problem is that they want you to pay 30,000 yen a month for the 2 years + that I have been living here, which would be approximately 30,000 x 24 = 720,000 yen. If they find out about the many of us that are not paying this fee, they have the authority to not renew our visas which would really suck. I need to talk to my friend who works in the insurance department in Niimi, to see if I can find a way out of this.


*******************************
*******************************

Day 1041 { Cold symptoms }
Monday, January 24, 2011

Had some serious cold symptoms at work today, fever, cough, sneezing etc. and the flu has been spreading like crazy around here. So the principal sent me home early today.

******************************
******************************

Day 1042 { Strong Medication }
Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Had the same cold symptoms today, so the school sent me home even earlier. I went to the doctor and got a flu check, where he used this thing to stick in my nose. It was extremeeeely uncomfortable and a bit painful. However the results were negative and he prescribed a powdered Chinese medicine for me to use. It has 3 small packets and I should take them all with in 6 hours while being in a warm area and while drinking a hot drink. He said if I start sweating after the second packet, I should not take the third one.

After taking the medication, believe it or not, I was all better again, except my voice was still a bit weird.

******************************* *******************************
Day 1043
Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The kids at my school today are working hard on this small snow house.

My electricity bill for last month came today and it was quite exorbitant because of the cold climate this season. It is the first time my bill has come to so much since I am living in Japan.

*******************************
*******************************
Day 1044 { Cold at work }
Thursday, January 27, 2011

I notice that after lunch at this school, they turn off the heater and open the windows for a while. Sometimes they don't turn back on the heater, and I am freezing, both in the staff room and in the classes.

Saw this stray monkey at the school where I was today.

After work, I did the first video shoot for season 5 of my show.

*******************************
*******************************
Day 1045 { NEW PSP Unveiled }
Friday, January 28, 2011

I was supposed to do karaoke with one of my friends today, but that didn't work out, so I just stayed in my apartment after work.



Sony unveils NGP portable game console


Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. on Thursday took the wraps off its new hand-held game device, which has features never before seen on portables, including dual analog joysticks and front and rear touch pads.
The gadget, sporting a 5-inch organic light emitting multitouch display, is code-named the Next Generation Portable (NGP).
It is expected to hit store shelves toward the end of the year.
In addition to Wi-Fi, it will be connectable with the 3G mobile phone network.
The comfort level when controlling the NGP "is the best ever in the history of portable devices," boasted SCE President Kazuo Hirai at the PlayStation Meeting 2011 in Tokyo.
The company repeatedly played up its controls through the dual analog sticks and front and rear touch pads, which Sony said enables users to "feel that they can grab what's happening in the game."


http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nb20110128a1.html

*******************************
*******************************

Day 1046 { Volcano Eruption / Japan wins Asia cup}
Saturday, January 29, 2011

Had lunch with my friend today, then I went to buy a pair of shoes. A winter kind of shoes which was very cheap. I then went to the darts bar in the night.




Kirishima volcano spewing ash

Mount Kirishima continued erupting Thursday on the border between Kagoshima and Miyazaki prefectures, spewing columns of smoke up to more than 2,500 meters, the weather agency said.
Rocks were blasted as far as 8 km from Kirishima's Shinmoedake peak, according to the Meteorological Agency. Volcanic ash disrupted train and flight services in the area.
The agency revised the scale of the eruption upward to "medium" from the initial "small," after the smoke columns reached about 500 meters higher than Wednesday.
While continuing regulations to keep people away from the volcano, the agency also warned of large volcanic rocks falling in areas about 2 km from its crater.
Volcanic tremors indicating magma activities also continued Thursday.
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20110128a3.html


Japan defeated Australia in the Asia cup finals tonight, 1-0


No comments: