A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Days 1061 - 1067 Sunday, February 13, 2011 - Saturday, February 19, 2011

Days 1061 - 1067 Sunday, February 13, 2011 - Saturday, February 19 , 2011




Day 1061
Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stayed in all day and all I did was start playing Call of Duty black ops again. Today I got some cookies from a friend of mine in . They were delicious.

*******************************
Day 1062 ( Valentine's Day)
Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day. At least this one was wayyy better than last year. After work, I posted a book, a claim for medical insurance and also a car part for my friend in Jamaica. This is the first time trying to send a car part down to Jamaica. So anybody in Jamaica or anywhere that need any small original car part, just send me your chassis number and I can send the part :)

Some one at the post office gave me a small chocolate cake for Valentine's day today. In Japan, it's customary for a female to give a male chocolate on valentine's day. Not because they are in love with the person or anything like that but just something cultural I guess. The males should return the favour on white day on March 14.

In the evening no Bible study was kept because too much snow was on the road. So I ended up watching Transporter 3. Nice action movie.

*******************************

Day 1063
Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Went to the usual Tuesday night English conversation thing. This time we spoke about our travels to different parts of the world and different parts of Japan.

Again the picture is courtesy of Yamauchi sensei.

********************************

Day 1064 ( Final Video shoot for season 5 )
Wednesday, February 16, 2011

After work, I did the final video shoot for season 5 of my show. Very possibly my final show in Niimi, but I am not quite sure yet.

********************************

Day 1065 ( China now ahead of Japan )
Thursday, February 17, 2011

Went to play football in the night but I was playing with no will whatsoever. I scored 3 goals while warming up with my team mates but our team got destroyed by the opposing team when they arrived.

China now officially has the second biggest economy in the world.

Economy sees first quarterly fall in five

1.1% setback as China officially becomes No. 2


The Japanese economy contracted in the three months through December, allowing Japan to officially crown China the world's second-biggest economy, a status it had held for more than 40 years, the government said Monday.



http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nb20110215a1.html

********************************

Day 1066
Friday, February 18, 2011

Drove another route while heading back from work today, just for the heck of it. It took a bit longer than normal though and that route was quite mountainous, with some parts having lots of snow on the road.

After work I went to karate, first time in 2 months. The gym was very cold and we did some very hard work out. After karate I stopped by the Friday evening English conversation which I haven't been to since about November. Then later I went to the darts bar. I won 2 games and lost 2.


Italians in Japan, protest against the Italian Prime minister who is allegedly involved in orgies etc at age 74 :o

More than 100 Italian and Japanese staged an angry demonstration in Tokyo against Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi over his alleged orgies, including with a 17-year-old girl.

"I'm ashamed. The whole world is watching us and judging us. It's impossible somebody behaving like that is a prime minister," Beatrice Lombardi, 43, an Italian who organized Sunday's rally, told The Japan Times in front of the Italian Cultural Institute in Chiyoda Ward.

The demonstration coincided with others in various Italian cities and world capitals and involved more than 100,000 Italian women and their supporters, who are demanding greater dignity for Italian women and the ouster of Berlusconi, 74.



http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20110215a5.html

********************************

Day 1067 ( Naked man festival )
Saturday, February 19, 2011

Was supposed to meet up with a friend today but it got cancelled. I was also supposed to go to the crazy yearly naked man festival but I was feeling a bit too lazy. At this event, around 9000 men dressed in sumo like outfits try to get a stick. here are 2 videos of it.

http://www.sanyo.oni.co.jp/news_s/news/d/2011021923160868/



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5IgzibyjGE

I also ended up watching the princess and the frog. I didn't really expect much of it but it was a great animation I think.

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

How you find Black OPS Dave?
I dont want original part, don't need brand new parts, need to find a place that pulls down vehicles and sell spare parts.

I going to send you my Chassis number and see if you can find a roll connector for me...and some airbag stuff.

New parts too expensive. Need to find somewhere that break down old cars.