A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, May 23, 2011

Days 1152 - 1158 Sunday, May 15, 2011 - Saturday, May 21, 2011

Days 1152 - 1158
Sunday, May 15
, 2011 - Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 1152 (Rapture??/ New Jamaican friends )
Sunday, May 15, 2011

Went to church this morning and performed "Jesus a come back soon" one of my poems. I haven't performed since August last year. Speaking about "Jesus a come back soon", I heard that a guy name Harold Camping is spending a lot of money telling people all over the world that Jesus is coming on May 21, 2011. This guy has already made a prediction like this in 1994. The worst thing is that people are actually believing him!!!. I am not sure if this dude himself believes, or it is just some sort of scam. If he really followed the bible, he would have known that Jesus Himself said that NOBODY knows when He will come again.

Here is an article about this guy. http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/19/news/economy/may-21-end-of-the-world-finances-harold-camping/index.htm?fb_ref=fbLike&fb_source=home_oneline

New Jamaican Friends

While coming back from church, I stopped at the supermarket. While coming back from the supermarket, a Japanese guy said "hello". Then he introduced himself to me and asked where I was from. When I told him Jamaica, he said to me that he visited Jamaica 10 years ago. He also said that 2 Jamaicans live like 20 mins by foot from where I live. We then went by one of the Jamaicans' house, where I met his Japanese wife and 3 children. All of his children were born in Jamaica and his wife lived in Jamaica for more than 11 years.

Another Jamaican guy lives on the same apartment complex, and he is also married to a Japanese lady who lived in Jamaica for over 11 years. They have 2 children. I chatted with all of them for about 3 hours then walked back with the Japanese guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1153 ( Getting lost again )
Monday, May 16, 2011

Again my school today is like 15 mins walk from my apartment. I walked home on Friday and found the way fine. But today I tried again and you can be assured that I was totally lost. Lost as in I was in somewhere like a jungle with farms around. I wondered for a while if I was still in Yokohama. I had to ask some persons for direction to the train station. I finally found it after about 30 mins of walking around not having a clue where I was going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1154 { WCC Peace Convocation in Jamaica}
Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I was falling asleep at my desk at work today. After work, I went home and watched more of the anime " One Piece ".

I remember in 2006 when I went to Brazil to take part in the World Council of Churches (WCC) 9th Assembly. I met people from literally all over the world and it was a wonderful experience that I will never forget. Now, the WCC are actually in Jamaica doing what they call a "peace convocation" or International Ecumenical Peace Convocation. This is their site http://www.overcomingviolence.org/ ... They met with the Jamaican prime minister ( Bruce Golding ) and some other Big wig Jamaicans. This is actually the climax of an initiative by the WCC known as the Decade to Overcome Violence. The Decade to Overcome Violence: Churches Seeking Reconciliation and Peace 2001 - 2010 (DOV) is an initiative of the World Council of Churches. It is a global movement that strives to strengthen existing efforts and networks for preventing and overcoming violence, as well as inspire the creation of new ones.

Jamaican politicians greet ecumenical delegation as peace convocation open

WCC general secretary Tveit led a prayer at Kingston's monument for children who died under violent circumstances.

Jamaican national leaders welcomed a global ecumenical delegation on Monday as the week-long International Ecumenical Peace Convocation (IEPC) began unfolding in Kingston.

The delegation comprised leaders from the World Council of Churches (WCC), Caribbean Conference of Churches (CCC) and Jamaican Council of Churches (JCC) who attended a series of meetings with Jamaican authorities.

The Rev. Dr Olav Fykse Tveit, WCC general secretary, briefed Jamaican Prime Minister Bruce Golding on the history of the WCC and the IEPC, a gathering of some 1,000 worldwide faith leaders and peace practitioners exploring the concept of just peace and recent advances in peacemaking practices.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1155 ( He misses his Ex- Girlfriend)
Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One of my schools will have their sports day next week so they have been practicing like crazy. I finished relatively early today, so I got home and ordered some food from Dominoes.

A Japanese man went crazy on his ex-girlfriend and some police men.

A man was arrested Tuesday after allegedly stabbing his ex-girlfriend and three policemen near Kobe Gakuin University, following an apparent attempt at reconciliation that was rejected, police said Wednesday.

At around 3 p.m., the suspect, identified as Yoshiaki Izaki, 25, allegedly stabbed his ex-girlfriend, a 21-year-old Kobe Gakuin University student, in the lower abdomen, only a few minutes after she had called the police asking for help. Izaki also stabbed the three policemen who rushed to the crime scene. The woman and one of the policemen remained in a critical condition on Wednesday.

According to police, Izaki and the woman dated for approximately a year, but separated in March after graduation when Izaki moved to Saitama for work. He quit his job after a month, however, and told police that he returned to Kobe in an attempt to reconcile with his ex-girlfriend on several occasions, but was rejected.


http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/heartbroken-kobe-man-stabs-ex-girlfriend-and-three-policemen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1156
Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nothing really happened today, just went home tired after work and slept. I forgot to mention that I was featured in the May issue of a magazine in Niimi, giving a goodbye message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1157 ( Earthquake #11 )
Friday, May 20, 2011

Had one of those none stop classes day today. 8:30 am - 3:00 pm with only about a 1 hour break. I heard there was a small earthquake at work today but I didn't feel it because I was busy jumping around with the children and the Japanese teachers. But when I got home, I felt one even before the phone alarmed to tell me there was an earthquake. The earthquake came then 1 second after, the phone started to alarm.

In the night, I went by my new Japanese friend's house for a bit. He said he has an aviation license from the US and another one from Japan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1158 { Talent Agency / One Love Festival Day 1 }
Saturday, May 21, 2011

Today I was heading for the yearly "one love Jamaican Festival" in Tokyo. Now, this is only 50 mins from me, what used to be like 9 hours on the night bus coming from Okayama. Before heading to the festival, I stopped at a famed foreigner talent agency in Tokyo known as "Inagawa Motoko (IMO)".... But I recently did some research and found out that there is a lot of complaints about this agency.

After visiting the agency, I went to the one love festival. The Japanese guy that I met recently who lives a minute away from me was also there. I noticed that he some how keeps introducing me to any random black person who he meet. Aside from this and that I had to wait in line for about an hour to get a good piece of jerk chicken, I had a good time there.


I also got some jerk pork but that was a waste of my money. I met a few new friends there and I left the area at about 10:30 pm.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

The farm and jungle thing funny as hell...lol