A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, August 1, 2011

Days 1222 - 1228 Sunday, July 24, 2011 - Saturday, July 30, 2011


Days 1222 - 1228
Sunday, July 24, 2011 - Saturday, July 30, 2011


This week is going to be somewhat boring so please bare with me. Next week should be more exciting.


Day 1222
Sunday, July 24, 2011

Went to church then had lunch with a couple of them there.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1223 ( Next 3 Days )
Monday, July 25, 2011


Spent most of the day inside my apartment. Had Bible study via skype with my friends from Niimi. Asked the Bible study presenter if I could stay by her house next week. So I should be heading for Niimi next week Friday for a week.

Watched a movie name the next 3 days. It has a nice plot and good action scenes. Only the ending was sort of lacking. Overall it was interesting. I give it a 6/10.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1224 ( Analog TVs out )
Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Visited my friend in the evening and stayed there for the night.


Sunday marked a nationwide transition to digital terrestrial television broadcasting, bringing to an end over five decades of analog transmissions in Japan.

News photo
Dawn of the boob tube: People look at television sets being exhibited at the Post and Telecommunications Ministry in November 1953, when TV was an expensive luxury for working-class people. KYODO PHOTO

The history of television broadcasting in Japan parallels the nation's postwar economic growth.

As Japan recovered from World War II, increasingly prosperous consumers could begin to afford TV sets, which quickly became household fixtures.

Despite the rise of the Internet and mobile phones, not to mention cable and satellite broadcasts, as sources for news and entertainment, terrestrial television broadcasts have nevertheless stood the test of time to survive well into the 21st century.


http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20110726i1.html


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1225
Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Came from my friend's apartment then stayed in all day. I finally ended Call of Duty Black Ops.








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1226 ( Short Presentation )

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Did a presentation about Jamaica to some children at a kindergarten. A church is on the site of the kindergarten. All the kids I did the presentation to were above kindergarten level though. As a matter of fact, more than half of the kids were from one of the elementary schools that I teach at. One kid was afraid of me until one of my students told her that I was their teacher.

I spoke a bit about Jamaica and also showed them season 4 of my TV show in Niimi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1227 ( Assassin's Creed 2)
Friday, July 29, 2011

I finally got paid!!!! So I bought Pizza today for lunch. A very big Pizza. started playing a new game that I had for over a year now name Assassin's Creed 2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1228 ( Paying Back and Party )
Saturday, July 30, 2011

I owed a friend of mine 100,000 yen so I paid her back today...

I then met one of my friends and we went to a a party for one of his friends at a restaurant in Tokyo. We then went to 2 clubs afterwards. One in an uptown area name Aoyama, the other in a downtown area name Roppongi, both in Tokyo.

Here is a video of the party at the restaurant.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/16330769

No comments: