A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Adjustment Bureau / Hakkeijima Sea paradise / Steve Jobs Resign



Days 1250 - 1256
Sunday, August 21, 2011 - Saturday, August 27, 2011


Day 1250 ( Adjustment Bureau )
Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stayed in all day and played Assassin's Creed 2 as well as Modern Warfare 2. Also watched a movie name Adjustment bureau. It was really good. Interesting story, good acting and good ending. I give it a 9/10 because it had me captivated for the most part.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1251
Monday, August 22, 2011

Stayed in all day again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1252 (Renew Driver's License)
Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Woke up at 7am and went to an area of my prefecture to renew my Japanese license with my friend. I had to listen to a lecture, watch a video, do an evaluation thing, then listen to a lecture again about accidents in Japan and in this prefecture. everything took about 3-4 hours.






I then followed my friend to go and pick up her passport. We then went to a place called Akarenga to look at some of the first buildings built in Yokohama. We also made someone draw us with funny faces. I don't like how my face look though... here is why...
















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1253 ( Steve Jobs resign )
Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stayed in all day.


So Steve Jobs, the head of Apple Macintoch, has resigned.



Letter from Steve Jobs
August 24, 2011–To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:
I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.
I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.
http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/08/24/steve-jobs-resigns-as-apple-ceo/


Steve Jobs, the ailing tech visionary who founded Apple Inc., said he was unable to continue as chief executive of the technology giant and handed the reins to Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook.
Apple said Mr. Jobs submitted his resignation to the board of directors on Wednesday and "strongly recommended" that the board name Mr. Cook as his successor. Mr. Jobs, 56 years old, has been elected chairman of the board and Mr. Cook will join the board, effective immediately, the company said.
"I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know," Mr. Jobs said in his resignation letter. "Unfortunately, that day has come."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904875404576528981250892702.html


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1254 ( Hakkei Jima Sea Paradise Amusement Park )
Thursday, August 25, 2011

There is an amusement park only 30 mins away from where my apartment is in Yokohama. I finally got to go there with my friend today. First we went on this free fall thing and oh was it scary.

You fall from I don't know how many feet in the sky, back down to ground level in 5 seconds...That was the longest 5 seconds of my life. Its called Blue Fall...
















Check out this video of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k35MwrhpEuc


We then went on a roller coaster name Surf Coaster. It wasn't as scary as the one we went to at FujiQ highland 3 weeks ago, but it was still exciting.















We also went on a boat and got splashed. Its called Splashute.












We then went up this tower to see a nice view of this area in Yokohama. Its called Paradise Tower.
















Then on a tube boat thing and again got splashed.













Then finally we went to an aquarium to look at various under water creatures.











































Another video I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkmpPjscsuI


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1255 ( Another Japanese Prime minister quits )
Friday, August 26, 2011

Stayed in all day because some seriously heavy rain fell today.





Prime Minister Naoto Kan officially announced Friday he will resign after 15 turbulent months in office during which the nation experienced its greatest postwar disaster and one of the world's worst nuclear crises.
Kan's resignation both as prime minister and as president of the ruling Democratic Party of Japan came the same day the Diet passed two key bills he had set as a precondition for his exit.
The DPJ plans to hold an election Monday to pick a new president, who would be subsequently installed as prime minister possibly as early as Tuesday.
"As of today, I would like to step down as DPJ president . . . and once a new leader is chosen, I will immediately resign as prime minister," Kan told a party meeting Friday afternoon. "There were difficult moments and some harsh criticism, but I am truly grateful for everyone's support."

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20110827a1.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1256 ( Fireworks in Tokyo )
Saturday, August 27, 2011

Went to the biggest fireworks festival in all of Japan today. It was in an area called Asakusa in Tokyo, and approximately 1 million people attended.

Here is a video of the event. The video is really bad though because I streamed it using my old Iphone 3G.


http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/16904386

No comments: