A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Bolt Disqualified / I-Octane Concert in Kawasaki Japan





Days 1257 - 1263 Sunday, August 28, 2011 - Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 1257 ( Source Code / Bolt Disqualified )
Sunday, August 28, 2011

Went to church today. The usual Malaysian pastor wasn't there so a Caucasian male from the US is going to be preaching until October I believe. I could not help but notice something he was speaking about.

He told 3 stories. The first one he highlighted that he has a black friend who was trying to reach out to another black person. He then somehow didn't mention the race of the persons in the other 2 stories. Why did he only highlight his black friend?

Source Code

Anyway, when I got home, I watched an interesting, but a bit confusing movie known as source code. It had a decent plot but the ending was kind of confusing. I give it a 7.5/10.

In the evening I had dinner with a friend of mine at a nearby restaurant. They had a famous Jamaican beer there known as Red stripe.





















Bolt Disqualified, Yohan wins


So the IAAF ( International Association Of Athletes Federation ) is now meeting in Daegu, South Korea. Today Usain Bolt got disqualified for false starting in the mens 100M finals. However, our backup plan worked, and Yohan Blake also from Jamaica won. here is the race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiIDlaujtZc&feature=player_embedded#!


And here is the news.

http://updatednews.ca/2011/08/28/blake-wins-100m-gold-after-bolt-disqualified/







=======================

=======================

Day 1258 ( Back to work after a month )
Monday, August 29, 2011

Went to work today after over a month of summer break. Oh boy was it difficult. I had only 3 classes at my main school but I stayed until 3 pm doing nothing, just to please the English coordinator basically.

I went to the bank today to pull some money from my account but noticed that there wasn't enough. I queried the situation only to realize that the people who I pay rent to deducted the money. I know that I was always one month ahead in paying my rent so why was this amount deducted? I called them and asked what the heck was going on. They said it was a mistake and I won't have to pay any rent next month. Luckily I will be getting paid in 2 days, or else this would have been a really bad situation.

=======================

=======================

Day 1259
Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Had 3 classes today again but this time at a different school. I left there at 1:00 pm because these teachers are cool.

=======================

=======================

Day 1260
Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Same thing like yesterday. Had 3 classes then left early.

=======================

=======================

Day 1261 ( Evacuation training )
Thursday, September 1, 2011

Today is the anniversary of a huge earthquake that happened in this area in 1923 known as the Great Kanto Earthquake. It had a magnitude of 7.9 ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1923_Great_Kant%C5%8D_earthquake

So, we had an evacuation exercise in case a big earthquake should occur and in case of a tsunami. They said that the tsunami wouldn't really affect us, because there is only a small body of water near to this school. But, they said the water can rise up like what happened to a school not too far away, where the principal told me that sea creatures were seen in the water at the school. Now that is scary. Can you tell from the pic that I was worried?






=======================

=======================

Day 1262
(Jamaica women wins 200M finals / Jamaican reggae singer I-Octane in Kawasaki, Japan)

Friday, September 2, 2011

Olympic champion Veronica Campbell-Brown held off the challenge of American Carmelita Jeter down the home straight to win the women’s world 200 meters title for Jamaica.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-JfP0ckwQw&feature=related






I-Octane in Japan
So this famous reggae singer name I-Octane performed at a club near to where I live in Japan in and area name Kawasaki.

While going to the concert, I saw this sign on the way .... Basically saying that they are selling herb... Not only normal herbs if you catch my drift. The shop is opened only between 12 am and 2 am in the morning.



Anyway, this is one of the singer's most famous songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDK3k9nS92w&feature=player_embedded

Here is the live performance of that same song above, from my blurry iphone 3G, Ustream application camera.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17038616

=======================

=======================

Day 1263 ( Bolt wins 200M )
Saturday, September 3, 2011

Today I rearranged my apartment a bit to make some more space.





















Bolt won 200M finals.
Usain Bolt retained his World Championship title winning the 200m in an impressive 19.40. American Walter Dix finished second behind the Jamaican champion. Frenchman Christophe Lemaitre who recorded the fastest time (20.19) in the semi-finals finished recorded a personal best of 19.80 to take bronze.



Here is the video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L-WhdPBaiE&feature=player_embedded#!


1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave - explain d Weed Sign...that legal?

Also...how can your landlord have access to your bank account?