A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, September 18, 2011

World's Longest Finger Nails / Visiting Kamakura an Old Capital

Days 1271 - 1277 Sunday, September 11, 2011 - Saturday, September 17, 2011


Day 1271
Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stayed at one of my friend's house for most of the day today. My visiting friend is still in the Kansai area, feasting his eyes on what Japan has to offer I presume.

Today is the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 incident in the US. I remember clearly 10 years ago when I knew about that disaster. I was in a math class in my first year of university, and the teacher stopped and said, "New York is on fire". For some reason, I can't seem to forget that day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1272 ( Worlds Longest Finger nails )

Monday, September 12, 2011

My visiting friend came back from the Kansai area today. Outside of that, today was just a normal day for me.

Check out this article - (I borrowed this article from my friend Yamauchi sensei)

US woman nails world record - for nails

If Chris Walton ever started biting her nails, she'd probably wear her teeth out: the Las Vegas resident has been declared to be the woman with the longest nails in the world.
The professional singer with a combined total of nearly six metres of nails celebrated in New York after being named in the newly released 2012 edition of the Guinness Book of Records.
Arriving by black stretch limousine, Walton, a flamboyant 45-year-old grandmother with a huge bottle-blonde hairdo, posed for photographs on the steps of the ornate main New York Public Library.


Read more:
http://www.theage.com.au/world/us-woman-nails-world-record--for-nails-20110915-1kabr.html#ixzz1YJWcEjR1


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1273 { 77 Year old Japanese Sailed Around the world in yacht }

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Again another tiring day after work, so I went back to my apartment and continued playing Modern Warfare 2.


Around the world in a yacht


Minoru Saito, 77, sailed into Yokohama on Saturday after completing his eighth around-the-world voyage, which took three years to complete and included two tsunami encounters.
News photo
"I am grateful to be alive," said Saito, who holds the record for making the most solo sailing trips around the globe and also became the oldest person to complete the voyage — breaking his own record, which he set at age 71.
Saito departed from Yokohama in September 2008 on what was scheduled to be a yearlong trip. For the first time, he took the more challenging western route, which is marked by headwinds and oncoming tidal currents.





http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20110918a6.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1274 { Teacher Unconscious }

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

There are a few days at work that I really enjoy, others are normal, others are just bad. Today I enjoyed, because I was in charge of the classes and everyone, including the teachers were having a wonderful time. My main school doesn't allow me to be so flexible most time.

Today the English supporter lady told me that the English teacher for the Jr. high school was unconscious for a while. He is also black but from the USA. I met him maybe 3 months ago. I was told that he was still in the hospital but not really responding. I really feel sorry for him though because Japan is not the most foreigner friendly country, especially in the cities. I hope he recuperates soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1275 (Disgusting Child)

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Yesterday was one of the good days at work, today was one of the bad days. This grade five child seem not to understand that I am a teacher and not a student. This kid saw some other kids from his class walking with me and decided to suddenly flash this dirty wet rag on us. A wet rag that they were using to clean the ground after lunch time. I told him to stop, but he ignored my reprimand and was laughing. His home room teacher eventually had to remind him that I am a teacher and not a student.

I am not sure how to balance the smiling face, happy teacher with the serious, don't take foolishness teacher. If I show them the serious face, they will shut down and probably stop responding to me for a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1276

Friday, September 16, 2011

Another nothing special day.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1277 (Visiting Kamakura - The old Capital)

Saturday, September 17, 2011


Visited an old capital of Japan today with my friend from Jamaica and one of my Japanese friends. The area is known as Kamakura and was the capital of Japan from 1185-1333.

First we went to shrine in the area, then we walked to a site where there is this famous Buddha statue.






















No comments: